No one speaks english anymore??

Old April 1st 13, 01:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_3_]

Default No one speaks english anymore??

On 3/28/2013 12:15 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:

snip

I have no experience, though, the Federal Class II prescriptions.

Lucky guy. I hope you never have the need. At one point I was taking
heavy doses for a radiation induced wound.
--
PeterN
Old April 1st 13, 01:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_3_]

On 3/28/2013 12:51 PM, David Taylor wrote:
On 28/03/2013 13:50, Savageduck wrote:
[]
Then your World is narrowly focused.
Rx has been an abbreviation for "prescription" long before electronics
and radio communications were dreamed of.

Likely only in the US - certainly not in the UK. But I agree that from
the context it was fairly obvious. BTW, here in Scotland, all our
prescription medicine is free. Not so England!

It's not really free. You pay for your meds with your taxes. From an
economic POV it's simply insurance run by your government. BTW are you
limited to a formularly?

--
PeterN
Old April 1st 13, 01:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_3_]

On 2013-03-27, nospam wrote:
In article , Rikishi42
wrote:

My doctor hasn't written a paper Rx in over two years.

Rx ??? I use rx & tx for transmit and receive in electronics and no one
tells me I've spelt them wrong, I assume you mean receipt but I've never
seen
Rx used for that.

rx is short for prescription, which is obvious from context.

anyway, it's done electronically now.

Pharmacies and physicians offices still seem to be very fond of faxing
even if the prevalence of computers in offices has increased. Come to
think of it, this medical anachronism is one of the few uses of faxes
that I can recall.

and sometimes they phone in the prescription. either way, the patient
doesn't leave with a piece of paper he has to take to a pharmacy. a
huge advantage is that forged prescriptions become *extremely*
difficult.

as i said, these days everything is computerized. the doctor taps a few
keys and the prescription is sent to the pharmacy. the patient either
picks it up or has it delivered.

Kind of restricting, in terms of where you can pick up your medication.

not at all.

I mean, earlier this week I had to pickup something for my mother who was in
no state to drive. So I picked it up in a pharmacy in the next town, since I
had to run some other errands there.

tell the doctor to send it to whatever pharmacy you want.

We don't do that in Belgium. A patient gets the prescription (usually
printed out, sometimes still written) and takes it to the pharmacy of
his/her choice.

But even if it would have been sent, that's my point: my mother would have
requested it'd be send to the pharmacy closest to her place. But I picked
up her prescription in the evening to get it the next day... and did so in
another town.

it's also further proof that people don't price shop like tony wants to
believe. people pick a pharmacy based on convenience or service because
there isn't actually a price difference (unless they're uninsured).

Well, again that couldn't really apply here. Prices are fixed. No
differences between pharmacists, not for medication anyway. So no price
shopping.
... and no one is uninsured. Doesn't exist. And there aren't really any
"types" of insurance. We find it weird the quality of care should depend on
your wealth. Doesn't mean you can't get some extra's, but...

Allways wanted to ask this: is it true you can get medication in
supermarkets? Really? As if they were just groceries ?

Yes!
Some stores use low co-pays as inducements to shop there. In some places
it takes over an hour to get a script filled. they expect you will shop
during your waiting time.

--
PeterN
Old April 1st 13, 01:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

BTW I fill the vast majority of my meds at a local pharamacy, because I
beleive in keeping the small guy in business. That doesn't mean I can't
get some of my meds cheaper somewhere else.

in other words, you don't shop around for price. like i said, most
people do not.
Old April 1st 13, 01:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_3_]

On 3/29/2013 6:17 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

snip
..

A supermarket doesn't want to give up any more floorspace to the
pharmacy than it needs to. The space needed to count and package
medications is dead space financially when that part can be done
centrally elsewhere. A supermarket rates space usage by the return.

You remind me of an old story about the supermarket manager, who upon
hering that the candy sold at the checkout counter cost more per square
foot, than any other item in the karket, stopped selling candy at the
checkout counter.

For those reasons, what you will normally see in a Florida supermarket
pharmacy is a small amount of square feet, two to four Pharmacy
Technicians, and shelves of pre-packaged medications. No Pharmacist,
no counting/packaging table, no bulk supplies.

In nY every unit must be supervised by a licensed pharmacist.

As far as this being "unusual", I don't know about the other 49
states, but I suspect you don't either. Unless, of course, you are
now doing market surveys with camera-equipped drones.

--
PeterN
Old April 1st 13, 01:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_3_]

On 3/31/2013 8:30 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

BTW I fill the vast majority of my meds at a local pharamacy, because I
beleive in keeping the small guy in business. That doesn't mean I can't
get some of my meds cheaper somewhere else.

in other words, you don't shop around for price. like i said, most
people do not.

Please present us with the FACTUAL and AUTHORITATIVE basis for your
statement. I am waiting with bated breath, but shall not hold my breath
until you answer

--
PeterN
Old April 1st 13, 07:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 01/04/2013 01:12, PeterN wrote:
On 3/28/2013 12:51 PM, David Taylor wrote:
On 28/03/2013 13:50, Savageduck wrote:
[]
Then your World is narrowly focused.
Rx has been an abbreviation for "prescription" long before electronics
and radio communications were dreamed of.

Likely only in the US - certainly not in the UK. But I agree that from
the context it was fairly obvious. BTW, here in Scotland, all our
prescription medicine is free. Not so England!

It's not really free. You pay for your meds with your taxes. From an
economic POV it's simply insurance run by your government. BTW are you
limited to a formularly?

Let's say that it costs nothing at the point where you obtain it, then.
I don't know the word "formularly" - it's not part of British English
- but if you mean can I use my prescription anywhere, the answer is yes.
Any chemist with a dispensary can supply the medications on the
prescription as far as I know.
--
Cheers,
David