Camera to USB connection problem????HELPPPPPPPPPPP

Old April 16th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Camera to USB connection problem????HELPPPPPPPPPPP

Hi.
I'm connecting my camera to USB and nothing happens. It suppose to load
pictures automatically and nada.
Green light flash on my camera and I get no action from computer. I was
transferring pics from cam to computer yesterday and everything was ok.
Today I'm trying, and nothing. grrrrrrr
What could be wrong.
My OS is XP and camera is Kodak CX6330

Old April 16th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

jazu wrote:
Hi.
I'm connecting my camera to USB and nothing happens. It suppose to
load pictures automatically and nada.
Green light flash on my camera and I get no action from computer. I
was transferring pics from cam to computer yesterday and everything
was ok. Today I'm trying, and nothing. grrrrrrr
What could be wrong.
My OS is XP and camera is Kodak CX6330

I would start by trying a reboot. Do a complete shutdown and power off.

Next I would run the software that came with the camera. See if it is
configured to get the photos. Do you know what program was downloading the
photos before? It could be that somewhere along the line that function was
turned off.

Have you had a Window's update between the time it last worked and when
it did not?

If that does not do it check your system restore points, you may want to
try that.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Old April 16th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Have you had a Window's update between the time it last worked and when
it did not?

YES. You think it could be a reason? Today I installed XP update.
I had updates b4 and everything was ok.
If you know please advise me
thanks you

Old April 16th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 23:30:44 GMT, jazu wrote:

Green light flash on my camera and I get no action from computer. I was
transferring pics from cam to computer yesterday and everything was ok.
Today I'm trying, and nothing. grrrrrrr
What could be wrong.

Does your camera have a Web-Cam mode? If an accidental menu
selection switched it away from the default (sometimes called DSC,
or mass storage mode) you wouldn't be able to transfer files until
it was switched back. None of my cameras have built-in internal
memory so I don't really know how they use it. If yours does, could
it have been switched from card memory to internal memory?

If that doesn't help, if possible, try to see if you get better
results with the camera connected to a friend's computer that has a
known functioning USB port, testing with your cable. If that
doesn't work, try the friend's cable.

Old April 16th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

it was switched back. None of my cameras have built-in internal
memory so I don't really know how they use it. If yours does, could
it have been switched from card memory to internal memory?

No, that is not the reason.

If that doesn't help, if possible, try to see if you get better
results with the camera connected to a friend's computer that has a
known functioning USB port, testing with your cable. If that
doesn't work, try the friend's cable.

I will, but I think cable is ok. When I'm plugin in or out I got recognition
sound.

Old April 16th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 00:16:59 GMT, jazu wrote:

If that doesn't help, if possible, try to see if you get better
results with the camera connected to a friend's computer that has a
known functioning USB port, testing with your cable. If that
doesn't work, try the friend's cable.

I will, but I think cable is ok. When I'm plugin in or out I got
recognition sound.

You might also get a recognition sound if the camera was switched
to Web-Cam mode. But at this point Joseph's suggestion seems more
promising. Your problems coming so soon after installing a Windows
Update certainly makes it suspect. Updates have frequently been
known to cause problems. I recall some Sony audio devices that
stopped working properly when connecting to computers via USB after
XP updates (I read about this a year or two ago).

Old April 16th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

I'm downloading the newest camera software.
Maybe it will help.

Old April 16th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

What could be wrong.
My OS is XP and camera is Kodak CX6330

Does your camera have a switch for the still image/playback mode? If
its in the image mode the photos won't download.

Eric R

Old April 16th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

I will, but I think cable is ok. When I'm plugin in or out I got recognition
sound.

If you get a recognition that a usb camera is plugged in then go to
the windows explorer and cut or copy and paste the pictures that way.

NotSoEasyshare software is problematic. You are probably experiencing
what other users have experienced before. The easiest way to correct
the problem is to stop using Easyshare. The second easiest way is to
uninstall Easyshare with Kodak's complete uninstall program that can
be downloaded from their site. Then install Easyshare again and follow
the instructions EXACTLY.
Old April 16th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 01:03:37 GMT, "jazu"
wrote:

I'm downloading the newest camera software.
Maybe it will help.

Clean the old version with this download first, and then follow the
install instruction exactly.

http://download.kodak.com/digital/so...21/clear5s.exe