Best digital camera- EASE, FACES, EVENTS

Old March 29th 05, 06:08 PM
Rebecca Webb

Default Best digital camera- EASE, FACES, EVENTS

Greetings. Google search indicated most "best digital camera" threads
have price as a parameter. May I inquire using others? Feel free to
point me to a previous thread.

1. For university webpage work. Sometimes, the print media folks will
want to use one of the photos.
2. Need low tech or point+shoot technology. I regret not having the time
to learn more photo skills, but in three years of owning an Olympus C-2100
(a privilege of which I was completely unworthy), I've never had the time
to do so and, with PHP to learn and my knowledge of Photoshop still less
than it should be, it's time to stop pretending I ever will.
3. Shoot primarily indoor and outdoor portraits (athletes, graduating
seniors) and indoor and outdoor events (Commencement, Homecoming parades
and parties and football games). I've really struggled with yellow and
green skin from indoor lighting (and red eyes if I use the flash despite
the pre-flash preventative).
4. The ability to shoot 5 or 6 multi-second action sequences on a single
media source (and then grab high-quality stills from the footage) would be
nice.

I'm thinking about a Stylus 500, theorizing that a) those 21 modes are
going to cover most of the shooting I do and b) it's not really necessary
anymore to spend $5,000-$10,000 on a digital camera to get photos that are
professional enough for a college webpage (and high-pixel enough for print
use if necessary... not in our outsourced glossy VIEW BOOKS but in our
in-house alumni publication). Basically true? Dead wrong?

Thanks for your help.

RW

--
"I'm a Slytherin, Potter," Malfoy reminded him.