National Zonalism

Old September 20th 04, 02:45 PM
Uranium Committee

Default National Zonalism

From: (Uranium Committee)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.darkroom
Subject: The Eye is not a camera (was 35mm on grade 3
explained)

"jjs" wrote in message ...
"Uranium Committee" wrote in message
om...
"Jim Phelps" wrote in message

HUH? If things HAVE changed since 1952, human perceptual preferences
are not one of them.

You are so wrong on this point.

AM I?

I received this e-mail response from one Richard Knoppow:

"While some film characteristics are rather different now the
characteristics of the human eye certainly are not."
[... snip ...]

Two points. One: If the response of the human eye and brain were as static
as you and Richard suggest, then we would still be happy smearing berries on
cave walls. Two: the functional rationalization of the argument you and
Richard cite presumes a virtue of _mean-attraction of tonalities_ - that's
the mass-market compromise esthetic. Many of us here, and certainly those
with whom you argue, are not looking for the mean compromise: they are
thinking individuals who have idiosyncratic (creative, interpretive)
aspirations; they are the outliers who make a difference - by definition!

So, you are the Master Race, eh? Your superior 'vision' sets you apart
from the inferior races of mankind.

So do as you wish and strive for some kind of mass-market esthetic creed,
but you will not find many sympathetic ears or eyes here.

In the land of National Zonalism?

You would be
better served if you found an audience concerned specifically with
industrial profit-driven schemas. Walmart-paradigm printing comes to mind.

Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg
Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg
Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg
Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!

Print that in big letters and put it under your safelight.

Ja wohl, mein Führer!
Old September 20th 04, 03:06 PM
jjs

"Uranium Committee" wrote in message
om...
jjs
So do as you wish and strive for some kind of mass-market esthetic creed,
but you will not find many sympathetic ears or eyes here.

In the land of National Zonalism?

I rather doubt you even understand the Zone System. Perhaps you have some
other kind of agenda that pursuades you to resent individual preferences and
you have chosen the ZS to castigate. Well, it could be worse. At least this
minor issue keeps you off the streets.

Old September 20th 04, 04:46 PM
David Nebenzahl

On 9/20/2004 7:06 AM jjs spake thus:

"Uranium Committee" wrote in message
om...

So do as you wish and strive for some kind of mass-market esthetic creed,
but you will not find many sympathetic ears or eyes here.

In the land of National Zonalism?

I rather doubt you even understand the Zone System. Perhaps you have some
other kind of agenda that pursuades you to resent individual preferences and
you have chosen the ZS to castigate. Well, it could be worse. At least this
minor issue keeps you off the streets.

I rather doubt it; I'm sure he's out there shooting away, unfortunately
fooling many folks who see him into thinking that this is how a Real
Photographer works.

--
Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a
really easy way: stop participating in it.

- Noam Chomsky

Old September 20th 04, 08:05 PM
Uranium Committee

"jjs" wrote in message ...
"Uranium Committee" wrote in message
om...
jjs
So do as you wish and strive for some kind of mass-market esthetic creed,
but you will not find many sympathetic ears or eyes here.

In the land of National Zonalism?

I rather doubt you even understand the Zone System. Perhaps you have some
other kind of agenda that pursuades you to resent individual preferences and
you have chosen the ZS to castigate. Well, it could be worse. At least this
minor issue keeps you off the streets.

Gosh, jjs, don't you have a sense of humor?

I do understand National Zonalism. All too well, I'm afraid.

Old September 20th 04, 10:48 PM
Uranium Committee

David Nebenzahl wrote in message ...
On 9/20/2004 7:06 AM jjs spake thus:

"Uranium Committee" wrote in message
om...

So do as you wish and strive for some kind of mass-market esthetic creed,
but you will not find many sympathetic ears or eyes here.

In the land of National Zonalism?

I rather doubt you even understand the Zone System. Perhaps you have some
other kind of agenda that pursuades you to resent individual preferences and
you have chosen the ZS to castigate. Well, it could be worse. At least this
minor issue keeps you off the streets.

I rather doubt it; I'm sure he's out there shooting away, unfortunately
fooling many folks who see him into thinking that this is how a Real
Photographer works.

What, pray tell, is a 'Real Photographer'? One who is a member of the Master Race?

Old September 20th 04, 10:58 PM
jjs

"Uranium Committee" wrote in message
m...

What, pray tell, is a 'Real Photographer'? One who is a member of the
Master Race?

Funny how MS presumes. He doesn't even know our backgrounds, ethnicity,
race, age, whatever. He's managed to put himself at risk twice in once
sentence.