Nikon F2 Body

Old February 4th 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Col. Joe Levinson[_2_]

Default Nikon F2 Body

I have a Nikon F2 Body in great shape. Purchased New and hardly used.

I would like to sell it and purchase a D300. I have no idea of what
it is worth today?

Clueless, Joe L
Old February 4th 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J. Littleboy

"Col. Joe Levinson" wrote:

I have a Nikon F2 Body in great shape. Purchased New and hardly used.

I would like to sell it and purchase a D300. I have no idea of what
it is worth today?

Check out the used prices at KEH.

http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/home.aspx

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old February 4th 08, 05:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Toby

"Col. Joe Levinson" wrote in message
I have a Nikon F2 Body in great shape. Purchased New and hardly used.

I would like to sell it and purchase a D300. I have no idea of what
it is worth today?

Check eBay to get an idea.

Toby

Old February 4th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim

"Col. Joe Levinson" wrote in message
I have a Nikon F2 Body in great shape. Purchased New and hardly used.

I would like to sell it and purchase a D300. I have no idea of what
it is worth today?

Clueless, Joe L

The amount you can get for it depends to a large extent on which finder it
has. There were plain vanilla finders, finders with match needle exposure
control to be used with pre-AI lenses, and
at the very end finders with match needle control to be used with AI lenses.
A camera with the first one will bring the least amount of money, and a
camera with the last one will bring the most amount of money. Ebay, etc.,
is the best place to look.

Jim

Old February 8th 08, 10:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tully

In article ,
"David Ruether" wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
"Col. Joe Levinson" wrote in message

I have a Nikon F2 Body in great shape. Purchased New and hardly used.

I would like to sell it and purchase a D300. I have no idea of what
it is worth today?

Clueless, Joe L

As others have suggested, look at KEH, B&H, eBay, etc. to see what
they are selling for. If you have a black one with one of the more desireable
prism heads (not as described below by "Jim"...) and the camera is in truly
new condition (the foam under the prism can be "iffy" and replaced), the
camera has MUCH more value as a collector's item than if in "almost" new
condition (or less).

The amount you can get for it depends to a large extent on which finder it
has. There were plain vanilla finders, finders with
match needle exposure control to be used with pre-AI lenses, and
at the very end finders with match needle control to be used with AI
lenses. A camera with the first one will bring the least
amount of money, and a camera with the last one will bring the most amount
of money. Ebay, etc., is the best place to look.

Jim

THE most valuable meter head is the second (the very last) one with 3 LEDs
instead of the match-needle or 2 LEDs, though for a while with the earlier
Nikon F in black in LN condition, the plain meterless prism alone could be
worth $800. It all depends on condition, finish, meter type, and quirks of
the
market at the time...

Another thing to consider with thirty-year-old equipment is maintenance,
esp. parts like mirror foam/light seals which dry up and decompose. A
recent CLA (clean-lube-adjust) by a professional F2 expert adds
considerably to the value of a used camera.

I'd much rather get one of those even if it has some cosmetic wear and
tear, than a "pretty" exterior with brittle rubber and felt, or (worse
yet) fungus & corrosion on the inside.
--
"It is the individual alone who is timeless. The individual's
hungers, anxieties, dreams, and preoccupations have remained