A polite observation.

Old July 18th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Greg \_\

Default A polite observation.

You can have any piece of equipment, but unless you have the nuts to
rip it apart with your bear hands and figure out how it works you don't
have jack for understanding.
--
Reality-Is finding that perfect picture
and never looking back.

www.gregblankphoto.com

Old July 18th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Scott Schuckert

In article , Greg
\"_\ wrote:

You can have any piece of equipment, but unless you have the nuts to
rip it apart with your bear hands and figure out how it works you don't
have jack for understanding.

The way my father used to put it: "Until you've had it apart at least
once, you don't own a machine - it owns you."
Old July 19th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Mike

You can have any piece of equipment, but unless you have the nuts to
rip it apart with your bear hands and figure out how it works you don't
have jack for understanding.

My microprocessor has 153 million transistors. It is not possible to
"rip it apart", but I can assure you I know more than jack about computer
architecture.

Old July 19th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Greg \_\

Send it to me I'll be more than happy to rip it apart @ N/C.

but I can assure you I know more than jack about computer
architecture.

Glad to hear it.

Old July 19th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:11:35 -0400, "Greg \"_\""
wrote:

You can have any piece of equipment, but unless you have the nuts to
rip it apart with your bear hands and figure out how it works you don't
have jack for understanding.
--

Speaking from a recent experience ?

==
John S. Douglas
Photographer & Webmaster
Legacy-photo.com - Xs750.net
Old July 19th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Greg \_\

wrote:

You can have any piece of equipment, but unless you have the nuts to
rip it apart with your bear hands and figure out how it works you don't
have jack for understanding.
--

Speaking from a recent experience ?

==
John S. Douglas
Photographer & Webmaster
Legacy-photo.com - Xs750.net

Yes I have begun stripping down a used ATL 3 I got for peanuts.
It was in full working order but heavily corroded and caked with
chemistry.

Ultimately because of where I now work, I may be able to refurbish it
completely.

Old July 29th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"Greg "_"" wrote in message
You can have any piece of equipment, but unless you have the nuts to
rip it apart with your bear hands and figure out how it works you don't
have jack for understanding.

I have this mental picture of you sitting on a couch with bits and pieces of
a camera all over your lap, a case of empty beer cans littering the floor,
typing away. You WILL wake up tomorrow, probably with microscrews embedded
in your flesh.

Old July 29th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"Greg "_"" wrote

Ultimately because of where I now work, I may be able to refurbish it
completely.

Recycle center?

Old July 30th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:01:47 -0500, "j" wrote:

"Greg "_"" wrote in message
You can have any piece of equipment, but unless you have the nuts to
rip it apart with your bear hands and figure out how it works you don't
have jack for understanding.

I have this mental picture of you sitting on a couch with bits and pieces of
a camera all over your lap, a case of empty beer cans littering the floor,
typing away. You WILL wake up tomorrow, probably with microscrews embedded
in your flesh.

How Borg-ish !

==
John S. Douglas