how to find someone whose pictures I have....

Old July 16th 04, 06:26 PM
William Jackson

Default how to find someone whose pictures I have....

this is a long shot, but....

I'm at Kodak in case you didn't know.

I've been going through some returned stuff and found that in one of the
Kodak Smart Picture frames (digital picture frame) someone returned it with
a flash card in it.

The flash card has a large number of pictures on it taken with a Nikon
camera for what appears to be two vacations by a couple. One in Europe, one
in Asia.

I HOPE that they made backup copies of the pictures, thus the only loss is
the (now cheap)CF card. But if these are the only copies of those pictures
I'm sure that they'd really like to have them back.

I'd love to somehow get these back to their owners, I just can't even begin
to know how. (I don't even know what retailer the returned frame came from
or when, let alone the customer name)

here's a link to one of the pictures with both people in it.

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=96qsi.c...v&x=0&y=ljql6o

thoughts?

Old July 16th 04, 06:58 PM
Alan Terry

In article , William Jackson
writes

I'd love to somehow get these back to their owners,

thoughts?

Just wait for the complaint to come in?

--
Alan ............

Old July 16th 04, 07:27 PM
Frank ess

William Jackson wrote:
[...]

The man looks like Les Nessman, and the woman like Barney Rubble's
neighbor.

Seriously, maybe this points up a need for Ofoto to make up an online
procedure for people whose photos don't get delivered to them. If what
you mean by "Returns" means what I think it means.

okfine..

Frank ess

Old July 16th 04, 08:33 PM
William Jackson

what I meant by returns is a piece of hardware that got returned through a
retailer for whatever reason (this was a digital picture frame that works
perfectly well)

The returned hardware had this CF card in it with lots o pictures

Old July 16th 04, 10:41 PM
Ron Hunter

"Frank ess" wrote in message

The man looks like Les Nessman, and the woman like Barney Rubble's
neighbor.

Seriously, maybe this points up a need for Ofoto to make up an online
procedure for people whose photos don't get delivered to them. If what
you mean by "Returns" means what I think it means.

okfine..

Frank ess

Simple then. Return card to dealer with a note. He will likely know
who to call to get his/her card back.

Old July 16th 04, 11:29 PM
Frank ess

William Jackson wrote:
what I meant by returns is a piece of hardware that got returned
through a retailer for whatever reason (this was a digital picture
frame that works perfectly well)

The returned hardware had this CF card in it with lots o pictures

Aha!

Looks as if the dealer would have some info, either as part of the
return process, or from some frantic customer waking up... If neither,
it looks like one for the lost and found perpetual bin of sorrows.

Frank ess

Old July 16th 04, 11:58 PM
Ron Hunter

Frank ess wrote:
William Jackson wrote:

what I meant by returns is a piece of hardware that got returned
through a retailer for whatever reason (this was a digital picture
frame that works perfectly well)

The returned hardware had this CF card in it with lots o pictures

Aha!

Looks as if the dealer would have some info, either as part of the
return process, or from some frantic customer waking up... If neither,
it looks like one for the lost and found perpetual bin of sorrows.

Frank ess

It does seem like an inquiry would work its way though the dealer to
Kodak, eventually.