BEST NEW DIGITAL ??????

Old August 8th 04, 02:08 PM
mcs

Default BEST NEW DIGITAL ??????

anyone get blown away by their new camera. Please don't say the fuji s5000
please!!!! (spare me)

Old August 8th 04, 03:32 PM
clw

In article kBpRc.905$AA1.649@trndny06, "mcs" wrote:

anyone get blown away by their new camera. Please don't say the fuji s5000
please!!!! (spare me)

Depends on what any persons requirements are. I am very happy with new
Canon S 60. Probably not good enough to stop a hummingbirds wings or
focus on a fly on the woman next door, but for ease of use with some
good flexibility and a way to add other lenses it is fine.

Excellent reviews and reasonable price.

--
It is an aspect of maturity to deal rationally with inconsistencies

Old August 8th 04, 06:27 PM
Sabineellen

Depends on what any persons requirements are. I am very happy with new
Canon S 60. Probably not good enough to stop a hummingbirds wings or
focus on a fly on the woman next door, but for ease of use with some
good flexibility and a way to add other lenses it is fine.

Excellent reviews and reasonable price.

I've taken some nice photos with the HP 945. Very pleasing colors. Very easy to
use. Uses AA batteries. Main downside is the lens isn't sharp corner-to-corner.

Old August 8th 04, 08:50 PM
mcs

"Sabineellen" wrote in message

Depends on what any persons requirements are. I am very happy with new
Canon S 60. Probably not good enough to stop a hummingbirds wings or
focus on a fly on the woman next door, but for ease of use with some
good flexibility and a way to add other lenses it is fine.

Excellent reviews and reasonable price.

I've taken some nice photos with the HP 945. Very pleasing colors. Very

easy to
use. Uses AA batteries. Main downside is the lens isn't sharp

corner-to-corner.

Well thanks for the replies. I wonder if the s60 might be better then the
sony v1. I know Sony has come out with more cameras since but for a compact
are any of them better. The thing I don't like about the V1 is some cameras
my friends have or got at Sears closeouts are hard to focus.But when it
focus are very nice.

Old August 9th 04, 11:18 PM
Fuzzy Logic

"mcs" wrote in news:kBpRc.905$AA1.649@trndny06:

anyone get blown away by their new camera. Please don't say the fuji s5000
please!!!! (spare me)

What's 'best' for you may be totally useless to me and vice versa.
Old August 10th 04, 01:56 AM
mcs

"Fuzzy Logic" wrote in message
"mcs" wrote in news:kBpRc.905$AA1.649@trndny06:

anyone get blown away by their new camera. Please don't say the fuji

s5000
please!!!! (spare me)

What's 'best' for you may be totally useless to me and vice versa.

Yes, assume a point and shoot fairly compact digital . The most important
features, speed of focus and best overall photo. Behind those requirements:
telephoto lens 3x or better

Old August 10th 04, 03:27 PM
digiboy

"mcs" wrote in message news:tuvRc.2564$K82.1659@trndny01...
[...]

I upgraded to the S60 because it has a decent wideangle, manual focus
and still takes my CF cards.

And it takes decent pic as well