For the record. Mr. C. Kent.

Old March 5th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Default For the record. Mr. C. Kent.

An private email from our new friend arrived
this morning. A similar one arrived a few days
ago.

Normally, private email isn't to be shared, but
this warrants an exception. I thought you'd
like to know the sort of person we're dealing
with. Plus, I'd like this saved on Deja News
for the public record.

Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 10:42:51 -0500
From: "C.Kent"
Subject: hey asshole
HTML_TITLE_EMPTY,MIME_HTML_ONLY autolearn=disabled
version=3.0.4

Hey wiseass, I'm right up the ****ing road from
you. You are not anonymous. Take your logo stealing bull**** someplace
else and stop ****ing with my attempts to teach.

----------- end correspondence ----------------

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com
Old March 5th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

"rafe b" rafebATspeakeasy.net wrote in message

Normally, private email isn't to be shared, but
this warrants an exception.

Pass the message on to the cops. They won't do anything, but they will file
it. The guy just raised his profile to 'possible suspect' when they do
profile searches.

Example: Years ago a local girl disappeared. FBI searched the local cops'
complete files for vague matches. A guy two blocks from the girl's home had
a few complaints for eBay rip-offs. A quick query found that he wasn't home.
Neighbor said he'd been gone since the girl went missing. Yep, he kidnapped
her. Found them two days later in Texas. She's okay. He's in jail for life.

Old March 5th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

rafe b rafebATspeakeasy.net wrote:

I thought you'd
like to know the sort of person we're dealing
with.

I'm not surprised, thanks for sharing this. I agree, I normally don't aprove
of private email being posted but this guy went WAY over the line with this
one. What's he going to do, come KYA because you use dIce? :-)

--

Stacey
Old March 5th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 13:25:43 -0500, Stacey wrote:

rafe b rafebATspeakeasy.net wrote:

I thought you'd
like to know the sort of person we're dealing
with.

I'm not surprised, thanks for sharing this. I agree, I normally don't aprove
of private email being posted but this guy went WAY over the line with this
one. What's he going to do, come KYA because you use dIce? :-)

In my response this morning to Mr. Kent,
I requested that he not email me again.

My request was ignored. In the latest
email, Mr. Kent asks me to "leave my
posts alone."

I would like Mr. Kent to understand
the following:

1. I have no power to interfere with
his posts.
2. I have the right (as does anyone
else) to participate in any discussion
of my choosing.
3. Mr. Kent cannot claim ownership of
any thread.
4. Mr. Kent has been in my kill file
since March 2, 2006. Since that time,
I have gone out of my way to avoid
reading his posts or confronting him
on any topic.

Items 1, 2, and 3 simply reflect the
nature of USENET. Item 4 was in fact
made public in my post to Mr. Kent,
on March 2, in USENET message ID#

Mr. Kent, please understand this also.
I've been a member of the rpe-mf community
for several years. The discussion here
isn't always polite. Insults and personal
attacks happen. Barbs are traded routinely.
If you stick around, you'll have to get
used to it.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com