Photo memory card transfer software size problem

Old November 16th 04, 06:07 PM
Graham Archer

Default Photo memory card transfer software size problem

Hi,
I have a Nikon D70 and a Canon S50 compact.
I use Photoshop CS to edit my photos.
The Nikon Pictureproject software isn't as good as the Canon ZoomBrowser EX
software for transferring photos to your PC.
The Canon ZoomBrowser software downloads the photos that I take in folders
and automatically names the folders with the date that I took the photos
(which is what I prefer ).
The problem is that the Canon software is the biggest program on my computer
at 4,000Mb !!!
I know that the software does other things, but I just use the transfer
part.
Is their a smaller program that will just transfer my files and auto date
the folders ?
Thanks !!!
Regards
Graham

Old November 16th 04, 06:16 PM
Bruce Lewis

Google for jhead and epinfo. Both of these are able to rename photo
files according to the EXIF date, and I know that at least epinfo will
create folders. Probably jhead will too; check. Both programs are free
software.

--

http://ourdoings.com/ Let your digital photos organize themselves.
Sign up today for a 7-day free trial.