Nora

Old August 30th 13, 03:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
pensive hamster

Default Nora

On Thursday, 29 August 2013 23:13:32 UTC+1, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:57:55 +0200, Sandman wrote:

[...]
You claimed that I had criticized the spelling of an "artificial word",
and you have openly admitted that you will not support that claim, yet
claim you won't admit to it being in error - which makes you a liar.
I.e. you have made a statement that you know you can not support.

I would say the twisting contained in that paragraph above makes you a
liar. The article which PeterN can't be bothered finding is
13 Aug 2013 19:00:53 +0200. Subject: Ken Rockwell and his "Pro"
friends...

[PeterN]
" So as far as further discussions along this line: furgedaboudit.
Believe it or not, that is real word in some parts of New York.

[Sandman]
No it isn't. It's slang, and written as "fuggedaboudit", so you
couldn't even get that right. Slang expressions aren't "real
words". The very definition of slang is that it consists of
non-standard and informal words and terms ... "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0ZyoUn7Vk
0:59s
Donnie Brasco - Forget About It

A scene from Donnie Brasco where Johnny Depp explains
what "forget about it" means.

Not being a Noo Yawker, I can't comment on the authenticity
of the spelling or the pronunciation.
Old August 30th 13, 03:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article ,
pensive hamster wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0ZyoUn7Vk
0:59s
Donnie Brasco - Forget About It

A scene from Donnie Brasco where Johnny Depp explains
what "forget about it" means.

Not being a Noo Yawker, I can't comment on the authenticity
of the spelling or the pronunciation.

Google is your friend when it comes to spelling it:

furgedaboudit: 286 hits
fuggedaboudit: 41,600 hits

Pronunciation is highly localized, though

--
Sandman[.net]
Old August 30th 13, 03:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
pensive hamster

On Friday, 30 August 2013 15:52:16 UTC+1, Sandman wrote:

Google is your friend when it comes to spelling it:

furgedaboudit: 286 hits
fuggedaboudit: 41,600 hits

Pronunciation is highly localized, though

Yeah, but fuggedaboutit gets about 1,290,000 results ...
Old August 30th 13, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article ,
pensive hamster wrote:

Google is your friend when it comes to spelling it:

furgedaboudit: 286 hits
fuggedaboudit: 41,600 hits

Pronunciation is highly localized, though

Yeah, but fuggedaboutit gets about 1,290,000 results ...

Ah, even better, then

--
Sandman[.net]
Old August 30th 13, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 8/30/2013 10:47 AM, pensive hamster wrote:
[...]

I was born and raised in Noo Yawk. The pronunciation is whatever you
want it to be. Since the spelling is phonetic, ya pays yer money an ya
takes yer cherce.

--
PeterN
Old August 30th 13, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 8/30/2013 10:52 AM, Sandman wrote:
In article ,
pensive hamster wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0ZyoUn7Vk
0:59s
Donnie Brasco - Forget About It

A scene from Donnie Brasco where Johnny Depp explains
what "forget about it" means.

Not being a Noo Yawker, I can't comment on the authenticity
of the spelling or the pronunciation.

Google is your friend when it comes to spelling it:

furgedaboudit: 286 hits
fuggedaboudit: 41,600 hits

Pronunciation is highly localized, though

I am still waiting for an apology.

--
PeterN
Old August 30th 13, 07:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article ,
PeterN wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0ZyoUn7Vk
0:59s
Donnie Brasco - Forget About It

A scene from Donnie Brasco where Johnny Depp explains
what "forget about it" means.

Not being a Noo Yawker, I can't comment on the authenticity
of the spelling or the pronunciation.

Google is your friend when it comes to spelling it:

furgedaboudit: 286 hits
fuggedaboudit: 41,600 hits

Pronunciation is highly localized, though

I am still waiting for an apology.

For what?

--
Sandman[.net]
Old August 30th 13, 08:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 8/30/2013 2:07 PM, Sandman wrote:
In article ,
PeterN wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0ZyoUn7Vk
0:59s
Donnie Brasco - Forget About It

A scene from Donnie Brasco where Johnny Depp explains
what "forget about it" means.

Not being a Noo Yawker, I can't comment on the authenticity
of the spelling or the pronunciation.

Google is your friend when it comes to spelling it:

furgedaboudit: 286 hits
fuggedaboudit: 41,600 hits

Pronunciation is highly localized, though

I am still waiting for an apology.

For what?

Is your memory that selectively short.
When I said you corrected my spelling of a non word, yu called me a
liar. If you thumb back, just today, you will see.
NO! I really expect a weasel out. But If you are a gentlemen, you
certainly would admit your error and apologize.

--
PeterN
Old August 30th 13, 08:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 8/30/2013 2:46 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

pensive hamster wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0ZyoUn7Vk
0:59s
Donnie Brasco - Forget About It

A scene from Donnie Brasco where Johnny Depp explains
what "forget about it" means.

Not being a Noo Yawker, I can't comment on the authenticity
of the spelling or the pronunciation.

Google is your friend when it comes to spelling it:

furgedaboudit: 286 hits
fuggedaboudit: 41,600 hits

Pronunciation is highly localized, though

I am still waiting for an apology.

And, like Vladimir and Estagon, you will continue to wait.

I know

--
PeterN
Old August 30th 13, 09:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sid[_2_]

Sandman wrote:

In article ,
sid wrote:

I am sat here wondering what approach he's going to take to try and make
himself right this time.

Right about what, Sid?

Ah, so just ignore it is the selected approach eh?

--
sid