Those peski manufacturers

Old August 21st 04, 05:52 PM
Canongirly

Default Those peski manufacturers

When I was little I saved up my pocket money to buy a copy of the
Beano...and by the time I had enough ...they'd brought out a new edition.

When I was in my teens I saved and saved to buy a copy of Rainbow's "Rising"
album and guess what..by the time I had enough they had not only brought out
a new album, but disbanded!

Then I saved and saved again to buy a Ford car....and by the time I had
enough they'd brought out a newer and dearer model.

Now don't even get me started about digital cameras....every time I have
enough dosh together those peski manufacturers have brought out a newer
higher spec'd model. Will this cycle of consumer frustration ever end????

Oh yeah....I remember I DON'T CARE.

A camera is a tool. It doesn't matter who makes it, what the model is, it's
a tool. It does a job, they all do it. A camera, any camera, is only as
"good" as the twonk using it.

So please, pretty please with lots of sugar on top, can we get away from
these dumb posts about how Canon are scum for releasing a new this or that,
Nikon are losers for playing catch up (by the way they were the first to
market a reasonably priced ...that is under £20,000.... D-SLR, the D1 in
2000), and Sigma are just rubbish or not, and get back to posts about how to
do stuff with these cameras instead?

And as a general rule of thumb...the answer to "Which camera/lens/flash
should I buy" is either...
1 Ask your parent/guardian/carer to up your meds. or
2. The one you understand, can use, feel comfortable with, and can afford.

Old August 21st 04, 06:45 PM
Jem Raid

"Canongirly" wrote in message
[...]

I concur, whilst A Adams was making his detailed observations and prints, E
Weston was using an old 10 x 8 and all he ever had in his darkroom was four
dishes, a light bulb on a flex with some washing pegs to shorten it, few
card dodgers and a contact printing frame.

Purely my personal opinion of course but I consider Weston to be a
Photographer and Adams to be recorder who just happened to live where he
did.

Jem

Old August 21st 04, 06:50 PM
Phil Wheeler

What is a "peski"? Who makes it? Where can I buy it? How much?

Old August 21st 04, 07:39 PM
Gene Palmiter

I think you have your share of "peski" already

Old August 21st 04, 08:54 PM
Ken Scharf

Jem Raid wrote:
[...]

I'm not at all familiar with Weston, but I do have A.Adams three
books on photography (the camera, the negative, and the print).
I'd hardly think Adams wasn't a photographer as he was quite
an authority on the entire B&W photographic process. If you
want to learn how to get the most out of processing and printing
B&W film those three books are a must for your library.

On the other hand, if your comments are about the pictures
Adams published vs the work of Weston, that is another matter.
Old August 21st 04, 10:06 PM
Jem Raid

"Ken Scharf" wrote in message
Jem Raid wrote:
[...]

They were Ken and you said yourself that he was an authority and not a
Photographer (note the capital 'P') whereas Weston was.

Old August 21st 04, 10:16 PM
Jem Raid

"Phil Wheeler" wrote in message
What is a "peski"? Who makes it? Where can I buy it? How much?

It was one of those agricultural cameras the Soviet Union used to make,
agricultural because you could run them over with your tractor and they'd
still work.

Jem