CANON - The Great Pretender

Old August 20th 04, 01:23 AM
Colin D

Default CANON - The Great Pretender

nikonpro wrote:

CANON - The Great Pretender
snip biased bull****

Nikon is an excellent system.

Canon is an excellent system.

What's your problem?

There's room for both. Make your choice. But don't slag the other one.

That sort of 'digital' thinking only reveals a shallow mind.

Colin D.
Old August 20th 04, 04:55 AM
Steven M. Scharf

Colin D wrote:
nikonpro wrote:

CANON - The Great Pretender
snip biased bull****

Nikon is an excellent system.

Canon is an excellent system.

What's your problem?

There's room for both. Make your choice. But don't slag the other one.

Come now, it's just a camera. Discussing the relative trade-offs is fair
game.

But as Robert M. Atkins once said:

"I suggest that all Nikon/Canon owners sign a truce and form an alliance
to trash Minolta and Pentax, who *really* deserve it!"

I should point out, so people don't think that I'm a Republican, that he
followed that statement with, "(THIS IS A JOKE, repeat, THIS IS A JOKE)."

Old August 20th 04, 07:41 AM
Tony Spadaro

To hell with trashing Pentax and Minolta. It's time to go after the great
grey totem. Let's trash Leica - after all, with the death of
Cartier-Bresson, there are now no Leicas being used for photography. All
ther remaining Leica owners won't put film through them as it lowers the
value of their investment, and they might bend the hang tag.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"Steven M. Scharf" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Old August 20th 04, 08:54 AM
Chris Loffredo

Tony Spadaro wrote:
To hell with trashing Pentax and Minolta. It's time to go after the great
grey totem. Let's trash Leica - after all, with the death of
Cartier-Bresson, there are now no Leicas being used for photography. All
ther remaining Leica owners won't put film through them as it lowers the
value of their investment, and they might bend the hang tag.

If what you want out of life is a plastic auto-everything camera which
shoots dozens of frames-per-second, why don't you buy yourself a Super-8
movie camera?

Old August 20th 04, 12:35 PM
John

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:54:37 +0200, Chris Loffredo
wrote:

If what you want out of life is a plastic auto-everything camera which
shoots dozens of frames-per-second, why don't you buy yourself a Super-8
movie camera?

He would have a much better opportunity of capturing something
worth viewing !

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email