Boycott Nikon ?

Old December 20th 04, 08:20 PM
Big Bill

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:15:06 +0800, Christopher Pollard
wrote:

Better check the expiration date for that petition, bub.

And where is Malassia anyway?

East of molassas.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Old December 20th 04, 09:16 PM

SoK66 wrote:
Unfortunately for the "save the trees" wackos, even brick & adobe

houses
need timber for frames, beams, doors, etc. I never understand why

they can't
grasp a simple fact: Trees as a resource are not exhaustible, they

GROW
BACK. Old growth trees should be cut down at will, the little ones

will
simply keep growing and replace them, just as they've always done.

Mc Donald cut down the forests of Bresil to grow grass for their
cattle, do they come back ?

Old December 21st 04, 01:47 AM
John Doe

That's the answer. Cut down a 1000 year old redwood so some jackass can have
a redwood deck. Sure trees grow back if they are replanted. The old ones
won't if jackasses keep cutting them down.

Personally I think all of the beer sucking, pot bellied human trash can do
without a redwood deck.

John

Old December 21st 04, 02:54 AM
Mark²

"John Doe" wrote in message
That's the answer. Cut down a 1000 year old redwood so some jackass can

have
a redwood deck. Sure trees grow back if they are replanted. The old ones
won't if jackasses keep cutting them down.

Personally I think all of the beer sucking, pot bellied human trash can do
without a redwood deck.

John

Lots of folks are figuring out that synthetic decks look nice and don't
warp, discolor, or rot. We're going to put one in, and I can tell you I
won't miss treating it (don't have to), repairing it, and etc.

Old December 21st 04, 05:06 AM
Pete McCutchen

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:04:57 -0500, "Chuck"
wrote:

"bmoag" a écrit dans le message de
m...
So, is Nikon really a subsidiary of Mitsubishi, as many believe, or do

they
have one of those wierd, semi-legal (even by Japanese standards) corporate
inter-relationships? This is really an important issue with regard to the
survival of Nikon as it has been historically constituted.

http://www.mitsubishisucks.com/nikon

Obviously that's an objective view. I notice that they ask for
readers to send them reports of negative experiences with the Nikon
D70 -- but, apparently, only negative reports are needed. So if a
million people like the camera and one person hates it, they're just
interested in the one.

Oh, and I love the bit about the guy from Newsday who claims that a
Sony is superior in lens quality. But with the Nikon, the lens comes
off, so the lens can be better or worse, depending on which one
somebody has on the camera. Duh.
--

Pete McCutchen
Old December 21st 04, 06:12 AM
George E. Cawthon

SoK66 wrote:
"Pete D" wrote in message

"Tony Gartshore" wrote in message
. net...

In article , says...

Chuck wrote:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/404665719

I like this reason someone posted.

"i feel that no company should trade timber"

Yea and like how would we build houses and furniture? LOL

Well, the house bit is easy, build them properly out of brick..

And the cupboards and table and chairs out of brick?

Unfortunately for the "save the trees" wackos, even brick & adobe houses
need timber for frames, beams, doors, etc. I never understand why they can't
grasp a simple fact: Trees as a resource are not exhaustible, they GROW
BACK. Old growth trees should be cut down at will, the little ones will
simply keep growing and replace them, just as they've always done.

This is just another radical left wing initiative intended to cripple
commerce and radically restrict life styles. (Naturally, their rich bozo
contributors can have all the wood they want, they'll be the only ones who
can afford it!) The Spotted Owl? Doing fine, one pair was even found nesting
in a sign in a parking lot in Washington. A distortion of the ESA, used as a
canard by the wacked out left to destroy the logging industry.

That isn't close to being true. First, aluminum, iron, and
concrete can easily take the place of almost anything in
house construction. Almost no wood is used in modern
commercial buildings. And many houses are going to steel
studs and other non-wood parts.

As for trees being not exhaustible, you may want to look at
those parts of the world that supported larger populations
for a long time and note the lack of forests. Vast areas of
the earth were denuded of trees hundreds and 10s of hundreds
of years ago and continue to be treeless.
Old December 21st 04, 06:27 AM
Jer

Pete McCutchen wrote:

[....]

Oh, and I love the bit about the guy from Newsday who claims that a
Sony is superior in lens quality. But with the Nikon, the lens comes
off, so the lens can be better or worse, depending on which one
somebody has on the camera. Duh.

You noticed that too, huh? When I read that, I practically sucked cola
up my nose.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old December 21st 04, 06:32 AM
Jer

Chuck wrote:

[...]

On second thought, what kind of drugs are you on? I don't expect you to
share so how much for a half ounce?

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old December 21st 04, 02:23 PM
SoK66

"John Doe" wrote in message
That's the answer. Cut down a 1000 year old redwood so some jackass can
have a redwood deck. Sure trees grow back if they are replanted. The old
ones won't if jackasses keep cutting them down.

Personally I think all of the beer sucking, pot bellied human trash can do
without a redwood deck.

John

We're quite confident you'd be just fine if a bunch of brie-eating,
cabernet-sipping, limp-wristed, Volvo- driving leftists wanted redwood decks
in Marin county. The leftist hypocrites would justify it by claiming it was
a neighborhood preservation project, etc. that employed the "disadvantaged".
("Disadvantaged" would not, of course, include any of the families in the
Northwest that lost their jobs while the Eco-terrorists destroyed the
loggonmg industry.)

As it is, we are forced to import lumber so the tree-huggers can feel all
warm & fuzzy inside, raising the prices of everything and furtther messing
up the trade balance.

Screw the enviro-commies, cut those big friggin' trees down, log the Hell
out of the forests and thousands will be put back to work. The forests will
do just fine, as will the wildlife. Oh, and a message to the enviro-Nazis:
shut the **** up!