A good judge of character? :)

Old April 25th 19, 04:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default A good judge of character? :)

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

the differnce between upload and download is normally who has control or
where the command initiates from.

no. downloads are from a greater device to a lesser device. uploads are
the opposite. which one initiates is irrelevant.

No it's not.

it is.

a computer can initiate an upload to a server or a download from a
server.
Old April 28th 19, 09:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 13:02:06 +0100, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 24 April 2019 16:43:25 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 16:40:59 +0100, Whisky-dave wrote:

If, but he wouldn't be uploading the film because there's nowhere to upload it to. Obviously you don't understand how BiTTorrents work.

He would leave it shared from his own computer. That's called uploading.

No it's not, someone would download it from him.

If someone is downloading, he is uploading.

Not necessarily with bittorent. It is possible to turn off uploading.

No, I mean if Mr Smith is downloading, someone must be on the uploading end.

Just like if you are taking money, someone is giving money.

Since when has stealing been classed as someone else giving money.
yes officer the fact that I slit his thoat didn't stop him giving me money.

For some reason copyright enthusiasts don't like us giving their stuff to others.

When you get an app or a program from Aple or microsoft you download it, Apple or MS or whoever are not said to be uploading it.

They uploaded it to a server to begin with.

Yes uploading they didn't download it did they.

No, you did the downloading. There are an equal number of ups and downs.

There is a type of system that I've used where you do upload to another persons computer via IRC chat chaneles it's DCC send .

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extra...ation/dcc.html

the differnce between upload and download is normally who has control or where the command initiates from.

The only difference is the direction of data flow.

Exactly a very important differnce though, how comes you don't know the differnce.

Who said I didn't?

then he's distributing that film, he is the source. The original seed. If copyright agencies had any sense, they'd find the original uploaders and prosecute them,
Which does happen.

instead of ****ing about with people who happen to upload a bit while they're downloading it.

Same thing it's called sharing, which is illegal unless the copyright allows it of course.

But the person who started it is more to blame.

Irrelivant.

It would be easier for the copyright enforcers to stop it at the source, before it multiplies. But they're not that bright.

They are but it not illegal to upload a bittorant seed, and in some countries
differnt laws apply to bittorents or anything else.

It's a civil offence.
Old April 29th 19, 11:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

the differnce between upload and download is normally who has control
or where the command initiates from.

no. downloads are from a greater device to a lesser device. uploads are
the opposite. which one initiates is irrelevant.

No it's not.

it is.

a computer can initiate an upload to a server or a download from a
server.

Of course that's the differnce between upload and download,

correct, which contradicts what you initially said.

yet again
you;re out of your depth on this.

not correct.
Old April 29th 19, 04:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

the differnce between upload and download is normally who has
control or where the command initiates from.

no. downloads are from a greater device to a lesser device. uploads
are the opposite. which one initiates is irrelevant.

No it's not.

it is.

a computer can initiate an upload to a server or a download from a
server.

Of course that's the differnce between upload and download,

correct, which contradicts what you initially said.

No, what I said was correct.

it was not.

someone who has control can initiate *both* an upload *and* a download
from the very same machine, therefore your statement *can't* be
correct.
Old April 29th 19, 09:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 11:06:09 +0100, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Sunday, 28 April 2019 21:42:43 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 13:02:06 +0100, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 24 April 2019 16:43:25 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 16:40:59 +0100, Whisky-dave wrote:

If, but he wouldn't be uploading the film because there's nowhere to upload it to. Obviously you don't understand how BiTTorrents work.

He would leave it shared from his own computer. That's called uploading.

No it's not, someone would download it from him.

If someone is downloading, he is uploading.

Not necessarily with bittorent. It is possible to turn off uploading.

No, I mean if Mr Smith is downloading, someone must be on the uploading end.

And there we have the meaning of uploading and downloading.
And it isnlt the person doing it, it;s the software with it's related hardware,
and the uploading or downloading can be from almost any individual using that torrent at that time.

My point was, the original uploader is the person most to blame for the copyright infringement, yet copyright enthusiasts are too thick to go after them.

Just like if you are taking money, someone is giving money.

Since when has stealing been classed as someone else giving money.
yes officer the fact that I slit his thoat didn't stop him giving me money.

For some reason copyright enthusiasts don't like us giving their stuff to others.

Yes I can understand that but it's also refered to as sharing normally called file sharing.

Yes that's what I call it, but I don't believe in copyright.

When you get an app or a program from Aple or microsoft you download it, Apple or MS or whoever are not said to be uploading it.

They uploaded it to a server to begin with.

Yes uploading they didn't download it did they.

No, you did the downloading. There are an equal number of ups and downs.

Only on bittorrent.

On anything. For data to be received, it has to have been sent.

There is a type of system that I've used where you do upload to another persons computer via IRC chat chaneles it's DCC send .

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extra...ation/dcc.html

the differnce between upload and download is normally who has control or where the command initiates from.

The only difference is the direction of data flow.

Exactly a very important differnce though, how comes you don't know the differnce.

Who said I didn't?

you don't appear to buy the crap you're spouting.
You can't even tell the differnce between uploading to a server or bittorrent.

They both involve data leaving my computer and going out through my internet connection.

They are but it not illegal to upload a bittorant seed, and in some countries
differnt laws apply to bittorents or anything else.

It's a civil offence.

Depending on the countrys laws.

Yes, in China it's no offence at all.
Old April 30th 19, 03:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 13:05:09 +0100, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 29 April 2019 21:44:53 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

They can't if they are in a differnt country and if the orginal uploader is just uploading the seed file which has nothing illegal in it and it's not copyrighted. There's nothing legally wrong in uploading a file you own.
That is part of the reason the law finds it difficult to prosecutot what you call the original uploader.
If you had any understanding of torrent you might actually understand.

Somebody has to rip the Bluray disk and make it available. Are the copyright morons really too stupid to find those people?

Yes I can understand that but it's also refered to as sharing normally called file sharing.

Yes that's what I call it, but I don't believe in copyright.

You don't believe in something that exists in law, no suprise there.

I don't believe in speed limits either. I believe in freedom.

When you get an app or a program from Aple or microsoft you download it, Apple or MS or whoever are not said to be uploading it.

They uploaded it to a server to begin with.

Yes uploading they didn't download it did they.

No, you did the downloading. There are an equal number of ups and downs.

Only on bittorrent.

On anything. For data to be received, it has to have been sent.

Idiot.
Someone I know has their app on the app store it has been downloaded over 1.5 million times there is no way he could have uploadedf that app 1.5 million times, but others have downloaded it.

The app store server is doing the uploading. If you saw the stats for the server's ISP connection, you'd see a huge upload amount.

you don't appear to buy the crap you're spouting.
You can't even tell the differnce between uploading to a server or bittorrent.

They both involve data leaving my computer and going out through my internet connection.

So what.
What goes into yuor biody also comes out of it. Do you know the differnce between eating and taking a crap ?
Both involve the transfer of materail and nutrients through the body.

I don't take a crap, I give a crap. Taking it would be putting it into me.
Old April 30th 19, 08:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
David B.[_2_]

Default Regarding Pirate Bay and VPNs (was - A good judge of character? :) )

On 30/04/2019 16:51, Whisky-dave wrote:
Are the copyright morons really too stupid to find those people?

They have to track them downloading the file or uploading aka sharing the file.
Then they have to be able to work out what it is.
Why do you think pirate bay and similar aren't located in the USA or UK.

https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/how-t...n-any-country/

Has it ever crossed your mind that this blog site may well have been put
up by Law Enforcement so that everybody who goes to that link has their
'vital statistics' recorded?

The type of things which may be collected may be safely seen by looking
he-

https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/

It would most certainly help weed the wheat from the chaff!

Food for thought?

--
David B.
Devon, UK
Old April 30th 19, 10:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 16:51:16 +0100, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 30 April 2019 15:19:41 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

What makes you think it has to be a bluray disc ?

That was an example. It can be SkyHD.

I have some torrent seeds that are a few k and if I upload them and someone downloads them, it contains code that would allow them to copy a file from my HD in a similar way to p2p sharing. I haven't uploaded the DVD rip or anything other than the .torrent file to any server.

"Copy a file from your HD" - that's the part that breaks copyright.

If I use VPN there's little chance of them finding out where it has come from.

Until the VPN company grasses on you.

Are the copyright morons really too stupid to find those people?

They have to track them downloading the file or uploading aka sharing the file.
Then they have to be able to work out what it is.

Oh so difficult.

Why do you think pirate bay and similar aren't located in the USA or UK.

Irrelevant. They got shut down many times.

https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/how-t...n-any-country/

What? I know how to unblock things, why are you telling me this?

Yes I can understand that but it's also refered to as sharing normally called file sharing.

Yes that's what I call it, but I don't believe in copyright.

You don't believe in something that exists in law, no suprise there.

I don't believe in speed limits either. I believe in freedom.

what you believe is of little interest to me.
Other than to prove you're an idiot.

No, it proves I'm more intelligent, I make my own decisions instead of following rules made by others.

When you get an app or a program from Aple or microsoft you download it, Apple or MS or whoever are not said to be uploading it.

They uploaded it to a server to begin with.

Yes uploading they didn't download it did they.

No, you did the downloading. There are an equal number of ups and downs.

Only on bittorrent.

On anything. For data to be received, it has to have been sent.

Idiot.
Someone I know has their app on the app store it has been downloaded over 1.5 million times there is no way he could have uploadedf that app 1.5 million times, but others have downloaded it.

The app store server is doing the uploading.

Not until I request it.

And when you do, it uploads to you.

If you saw the stats for the server's ISP connection, you'd see a huge upload amount.

Prove it,

It's not rocket science.

but if that were the case then ISP would have equal bandwidth for uploads and downloads.

No, because most people download more than upload. If you run a big server, you probably pay for an ISP with more upload than download bandwidth.

When I download anyhting it uses my download bandwidth, when I upload it uses that, but of couse both are used by by differnt amounts. Because of error checking etc...

you don't appear to buy the crap you're spouting.
You can't even tell the differnce between uploading to a server or bittorrent.

They both involve data leaving my computer and going out through my internet connection.

So what.
What goes into yuor biody also comes out of it. Do you know the differnce between eating and taking a crap ?
Both involve the transfer of materail and nutrients through the body.

I don't take a crap, I give a crap. Taking it would be putting it into me.

But it does go into you via your mouth how else to you eat, do you really crap out of your mouth other than verbally of course ?
you fell right into that one didn't you.

It's not crap when it goes in.

Is this you ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrbq-kndmGE

No, I never wear that many clothes.
Old May 1st 19, 10:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
David B.[_2_]

On 01/05/2019 09:51, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 April 2019 20:05:43 UTC+1, David B. wrote:
On 30/04/2019 16:51, Whisky-dave wrote:
Are the copyright morons really too stupid to find those people?
They have to track them downloading the file or uploading aka sharing the file.
Then they have to be able to work out what it is.
Why do you think pirate bay and similar aren't located in the USA or UK.

https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/how-t...n-any-country/

Has it ever crossed your mind that this blog site may well have been put
up by Law Enforcement so that everybody who goes to that link has their
'vital statistics' recorded?

Not really as that in itself would be illegal and entrapment and they could gain nothing from doing such a thing other than useless data.
What I considered more is it is just an advertising site for VPN products.

I think entrapment is a GOOD thing! ;-)

I have absolutely no doubt at all that law enforcement, in all its
various guises, closely monitors EVERYTHING which involves the Internet.

The type of things which may be collected may be safely seen by looking
he-

https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/

So.

A lot of people have absolutely no idea what information they 'give
away' when they visit a URL.

It would most certainly help weed the wheat from the chaff!

Food for thought?

Not really.
Far less suspicious than someone going on about malware and viruses on almost every post.

Why do I trust YOU?

Because I can verify what you say from your header information! ;-)

http://138.37.90.65.ipaddress.com

One question though, Dave .....

Does your employer know that you are using your working hours to play
here in newsgroups whilst you should, in all honesty, be doing the work
for which you are being paid?

It matters not to me - perhaps you are doing so only in your break
times! ;-)

--
David B.
Devon, UK
Old May 1st 19, 11:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
Phillip Helbig[_2_]

In article , "David B."
writes:

Has it ever crossed your mind that this blog site may well have been put
up by Law Enforcement so that everybody who goes to that link has their
'vital statistics' recorded?

Not really as that in itself would be illegal and entrapment and
they could gain nothing from doing such a thing other than useless data.

No. Entrapment means when a law-enforcement officer cajoles someone
into committing a crime he otherwise would not commit. It does not mean
using undercover methods to detect crimes.