Why is the ML-L3 Remote (For Nikon D70, N65, F65) Selling for So Much

Old August 17th 04, 04:19 AM
Larry R Harrison Jr

Default Why is the ML-L3 Remote (For Nikon D70, N65, F65) Selling for So Much

On ebay, I can't get this item for less than $40. I bought one just last
year for $23, brand-new at OneCall.Com. What in the world is going on?

Even if it is out-of-stock at Adorama and B & H, so what? I found it at
another website, for $23 WITH shipping, totally in-stock. What is with these
nut-jobs paying $40 for a $25 item?

Old August 19th 04, 12:43 AM
Wayne Moses

"Larry R Harrison Jr" wrote in message

What is with these
nut-jobs paying $40 for a $25 item?

More money than sense ....?

Judging by the amount of cr*p one can buy in the world, it is clear that
there are a lot of people who buy without doing any research. This is what
these sellers are hoping for, and that is how they make money.

Got my ML-L1 for under $16 plus S&H. Works equivalently to the ML-L3.

Wayne
Nikon D70
AF-S Nikkor 18-70mm f3.5/4.5G ED
AF Nikkor 70-300mm f4/5.6G
Sigma 50mm f2.8 Macro 1:1

Old August 22nd 04, 05:12 PM
sid derra

"Larry R Harrison Jr" wrote in message
On ebay, I can't get this item for less than $40. I bought one just last
year for $23, brand-new at OneCall.Com. What in the world is going on?

Even if it is out-of-stock at Adorama and B & H, so what? I found it at
another website, for $23 WITH shipping, totally in-stock. What is with these
nut-jobs paying $40 for a $25 item?

it is really really hard to get this remote right now. i just bought mine last
week, and had to pay 28 bucks for it incl. shipping. i also came across the web
shop which sold it for 23, but despite it said the item was in stock, i got an
email shortly after that it wasnt after all.
but granted - the 52 bucks i saw being spent for this remote are quite a bit
exaggerated.

concerning the ml-l1: i went with the ml-l3 mainly for size and support issues.