Before you by an expensive camera, read this and laugh !!

Old August 23rd 07, 11:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sosumi

Default Before you by an expensive camera, read this and laugh !!

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/notcamera.htm

And this for the noise and resolution worried:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/dslr...ison/index.htm

I think I´ll wait to spend 5000,- for any camera until I´m rich ;-))

Old August 23rd 07, 12:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Charlie Self

On Aug 23, 6:12 am, "Sosumi" wrote:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/notcamera.htm

And this for the noise and resolution worried:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/dslr...ison/index.htm

I think I´ll wait to spend 5000,- for any camera until I´m rich ;-))

"Maybe because it's entirely an artist's eye, patience and skill that
makes an image and not his tools. Even Ansel said "The single most
important component
of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."

This is the guy--Rockwell--who reviews cameras he's never even seen,
never mind held in his hand. And he equates his statement with that of
Adams? And calls Ansel Adams by his first name, as if they were
friends.

It is not "entirely and artist's eye, patience and skill" that goes
into an image. Some kind of camera is needed. The fact that fine shots
can be made with something other than a $5,000 DSLR is no news to
anyone, except maybe Rockwell and you.

I've always wondered why, if an artist's tools are so damned
unimportant, all the painters I've known or read of spend so much time
selecting expensive brushes, as well as often mixing their own paints
to get just the right tones.

What it is, is: A good photographer (artist?) can get better shots
from ANY camera, cheap or expensive, than can someone without skills
and patience. This is news?

Old August 23rd 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Lee K

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 23, 6:12 am, "Sosumi" wrote:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/notcamera.htm

And this for the noise and resolution worried:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/dslr...ison/index.htm

I think I´ll wait to spend 5000,- for any camera until I´m rich ;-))

What it is, is: A good photographer (artist?) can get better shots
from ANY camera, cheap or expensive, than can someone without skills
and patience. This is news?

Reminds me of the story where a photographer has a party and one woman,
looking at some of the photos on his wall, says "You must have a very good
camera". The same photographer at a later time is at a dinner party at the
same woman's home and compliments her after the meal with "You must have
some very fine pots".