Workshop with Keith Lazelle

Old August 6th 04, 09:55 PM
Michael Scarpitti

Default Workshop with Keith Lazelle

David Kirschtel wrote in message ...
Nature Photography Workshop at the Cedar River Watershed Education Center
Led by: Keith Lazelle (http://www.keithlazelle.com/)

August 28--10 am to 4:30 pm.

Renowned Washington nature photographer, Keith Lazelle, will lead this
one-day workshop at the Cedar River Watershed Education Center (North
Bend area). Two hours of classroom time will be followed by a 4- 5 hour
field trip into the (protected) Cedar River Watershed's pristine areas
to photograph places rarely seen by human eyes. Participants should
bring their own camera equipment, a lunch/drink, weather-appropriate
clothing, and comfortable shoes. Cost: $50. Adults only.

Call (206) 233-1515 (press option 4) or email to
register.

Another 'nature photographer' leading a pack of goons around a
preserve. What a ****ing waste of carbon.
Old August 7th 04, 03:00 AM
Information

On 8/6/04 1:55 PM, in article
, "Michael Scarpitti"
wrote:

[...]

Don't come whining to this board next time you go to Yellowstone and realize
there are oil rigs all over the landscape because the current administration
thinks nature photographers act like a "packs of goon". Goons are in the
eye of the beholder...and some folks in this world suffer from 20/20
blindness.

One thing good about this board...it exposes just how ignorant some folks
are. When I see their names, I respond back then don't bother to read
their posts again.

Consider this message a CC to the other folks who expressed like stupidity
to this post.

Old August 7th 04, 03:00 AM
Information

On 8/6/04 1:55 PM, in article
, "Michael Scarpitti"

Old August 7th 04, 03:18 AM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Jimson
Wead wrote:

Yeah you are, what's even worse someone taught your simple monkey
ass how to type. I guess you feel threatened because some of those
followers probably will have a lot more talent than your sorry butt.

We've got enough elitist greeners in these parts. Stay in the Seattle
area with your enviro-circle jerks.
Old August 7th 04, 03:44 AM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Information
wrote:

Don't come whining to this board next time you go to Yellowstone and realize
there are oil rigs all over the landscape because the current administration
thinks nature photographers act like a "packs of goon". Goons are in the
eye of the beholder...and some folks in this world suffer from 20/20
blindness.

There are no oil rigs in Yellowstone and nobody is proposing to put
them there.
No, you're not packs of goons...just a bunch of elitist liberals.

One thing good about this board...it exposes just how ignorant some folks
are. When I see their names, I respond back then don't bother to read
their posts again.

Not just elitist, but arrogant and condescending too.

Consider this message a CC to the other folks who expressed like stupidity
to this post.

DOH!

Old August 7th 04, 04:52 AM
John

May I ask a civil question (because I really don't understand)?:

Why would ANYONE be against preserving the environment?

I'm really very curious - I've never met anyone personally who felt that way
(particularly who was so virulent about it), so would like to understand. I
would greatly appreciate it if you'd take the time to explain your position,
seriously.

- John

Old August 7th 04, 06:03 AM
Information

wrote:

There are no oil rigs in Yellowstone and nobody is proposing to put
them there.
No, you're not packs of goons...just a bunch of elitist liberals.

Hmmm...I knew watching all those episodes of the X-files had merit. The
truth IS out there..courtesy of Google...

I think this would explain a bit to the rest of the folks on the board up
here.

Looks to me like you live in the same area real close to Keith, and perhaps
have a real jealous type of thing going because someone in your neighborhood
has succeeded in a way that you never will? (Keep in mind I have never met
Keith and am not a personal friend of his)

No wonder...your just confused and on the wrong board...with a bio like
yours, seems you really just got mixed up as to where you belong.

I believe you meant to post to rec.passport.photography ?

Least I would guess this is you ?: http://users.techline.com/rag/

I think the bio goes something like this?

1. I photographed weddings, families, graduating seniors, high school
dances, and even did a lot of passport photos.

2. I'm currently using a 350MHz Indigo iMac with 192 MB, 7GB hard drive;
hooked to an iDock that's connected to an imation floppy drive, 100MB Zip
drive, and an iSub along with my ancient HP IIP laser printer. Presently
it's running Mac OS 9.1. You can read about my other Macs in the music
section.

3. I played saxophone for a couple of years back in grade school but didn't
keep it up.

4. The point of all of this was to play Christian rock & roll.

5. What used to be my camera room is now a digital recording studio filled
with drums, amps, PA stuff, and a couple of computers (of course). One of
these days I'll actually finish a recording.

Yup...I especially like the qualification of doing passport photos. I am
also quite taken back that you have been working on finishing a "recording"
for what... 24 years now?

PS...I plan to attend Keith's seminar. Like I said...worth the $50 and
plus I get to meet a peer I've been wanting to meet.