Photos needed for education project and publication...

Old October 13th 04, 08:11 PM
Pol Guerin Ph.D

Default Photos needed for education project and publication...

Metroscope research group is inviting photographers to submit any
image about the metros around the world.

This is a great opportunity to get published since thousands of
images are required for the final publication.

For info
or to submit images

Old October 14th 04, 04:21 PM
Lloyd Erlick-Usenet

On 13 Oct 2004 12:11:41 -0700,
(Pol Guerin Ph.D) wrote:

Metroscope research group is inviting photographers to submit any
image about the metros around the world.

This is a great opportunity to get published since thousands of
images are required for the final publication.

For info

or to submit images

oct1404 from Lloyd Erlick,

Here is a copy of the email I sent to Pol Guerin Ph.D
at
--

__________________________
oct1404 from Lloyd Erlick,

Hello Mr. Guerin,

I've reproduced, below, your posting yesterday (Oct.
13, 2004) to rec.photo.darkroom, a Usenet newsgroup I
follow. Your subject line reads, "Photos needed for
education project and publication...".

I'd like further clarification. Since you do not offer
payment for the images you are soliciting, I'm assuming
there is no money involved. Could you be explicit about
this point?

You also do not state that any use of any given image
will entail proper crediting to the author. Will your
publication contain a photographer by-line or copyright
line for each image?

Do you plan to publish on paper (a "book")? Is your
publication Internet-based?

I've tried to be brief, and I apologize if I seem
inquisitorial. If I do, the reason is the occasional
posting like yours, from consumers/users of
photographs/images who wish to obtain free material at
no gain to the creator(s) of the material. Usually, the
gain offered is the chance to be published. You can
understand how jaded photographers have become in this
regard.

The most common form lately has been from organizations
wishing to sell stock photography through an online
interface. Photographers are 'invited' to place their
work for sale within a gigantic online database of
submitted images. Some people find this alienating,
others work with it. I find it uninteresting; I'd like
enough information from you to know what you are doing.

For future reference, if you intend to take advantage
of the resources of Usenet, the sort of information I
am seeking here should be included in your initial
posting to rec.photo.darkroom. The underlying problem
is that Usenet, being public, is attended by honest and
dishonest people alike. Your posting does not contain
enough information to enable the reader to
differentiate. This will tend to limit the response to
your request. Cynical observers might suggest you do
this deliberately, because the limited response comes
from the small percentage of suckers.

I hope I have delineated the quandary in which you have
placed yourself.

regards,
--le
________________________________
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
voice: 416-686-0326
email:

net:
www.heylloyd.com
________________________________

Old October 23rd 04, 10:03 AM
Lloyd Erlick-Usenet

oct2304 from Lloyd Erlick,

This potential spammer has not answered my email.

I will treat them as spam.

--le
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
voice: 416-686-0326
email:
net:
www.heylloyd.com

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:21:54 -0400, Lloyd Erlick-Usenet