Spotting RC papaer

Old September 21st 04, 06:55 AM
piterengel

Default Spotting RC papaer

Hi, I need to spotting some b/w photos printed on RC paper. I've never
done this before, so any help is welcome.

Thanks all

piterengel
Old September 21st 04, 03:26 PM
John Walton

It can be done -- but you have to be more careful than with fiber papers --
the first little dab of very light ink will soften up the gelatin.

Frankly, I found that the time it took to clean the negatives was less than
the time it to spot a print. Try PEC and PEC wipes -- they should be
available in Italy. Having a bit of humidity in the darkroom also helps
keep dust down. If you clean your darkroom wait a few days for the dust to
settle back before printing.

om...

Old September 21st 04, 04:55 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"John Walton" wrote

Frankly, I found that the time it took to clean the negatives was less than
the time it to spot a print.

And wash hands before meals, wipe your nose, never a borrower nor
a lender be, be true to oneself, don't accept advice from usenet ...

Try PEC and PEC wipes

I will second this. The only method I know that really does work,
every time.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Remove spaces etc. to reply: n o lindan at net com dot com

Old September 21st 04, 06:16 PM
Mike King

With RC density has to be built up slowly with very dilute dye. I put the
dye on in little overlapping dots. And use a somewhat wetter brush than you
would with FB prints.

--
darkroommike

----------

Old September 21st 04, 10:24 PM
Kbwills2001

I use a grey spotting ink instead of the black (diluted black will do too). I
use a very fine brush to get a small point. I use a blotter in my left hand and
go "dab, blot... dab, blot" etc ... from time to time step back and view the
print as a picture rather than as an exercise in spotting. When it looks OK
from a distance, I stop.

Old September 22nd 04, 06:59 AM
piterengel

"John Walton" wrote in message ...
It can be done -- but you have to be more careful than with fiber papers --
the first little dab of very light ink will soften up the gelatin.

Frankly, I found that the time it took to clean the negatives was less than
the time it to spot a print. Try PEC and PEC wipes -- they should be
available in Italy. Having a bit of humidity in the darkroom also helps
keep dust down. If you clean your darkroom wait a few days for the dust to
settle back before printing.

"piterengel" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I need to spotting some b/w photos printed on RC paper. I've never
done this before, so any help is welcome.

Thanks all

piterengel

Sorry for my ignorance but... what are PEC and PEC wipes? Thanks