what's up with Nikon?

Old September 24th 04, 02:58 PM
ink

"Rudi Cheow" wrote
Also, for those with piles of high end glass,
the fact that Canon is the ONLY full-frame available
means they HAVE to go Canon if they want to keep in
line with their long-familiar lens performance and
field of view.

Only of course if their "piles of high-end glass" happens to be Canon
glass, in which case it would be a moot point anyway.

Folks with expensive Nikon lenses will sadly have to stick with Nikon,
full-frame or not, unless they don't mind shelling out for an
equivalent Canon megakit.

I have expensive Nikon glass, and I don't "sadly" stick with Nikon.

I gladly stick with them.

Cheers,
ink

Old September 24th 04, 05:35 PM
Dallas 2

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:17:41 -0700, Mark M wrote:

Earth to Dallas:
Photography is about creating and presenting images. Photographic
equipment determines a significant portion of this capability. People
spend great deals of time, energy, and money trying to eek out the best
image their equipment/film/scanners/photoshop/sensors can allow. They
change to medium or large format, just so they can get that
little-bit-better image.
These things make a difference.
--And you suddenly don't see the relevance of major advancements.

What's funny here, Dallas, is that when you feel **your D70** has some
sort of technical advantage (over the "lowly" 300D in your case), you're
**ALL ABOUT** comparisons, put-downs, and bragging rights.

Price:value ratio, Mark. Did you miss that in your haste to stalk my
every post?

Then...

When Canon makes clear and undeniable advances... What do you morph
into???

-Why... You magically morph into the "guy who only cares about
**Photography** rather than how advanced a camera is," of course!!

That's just laughable.

You're just like the kids back in grade school who, after being soundly
beaten in a running race, would immediately scream, "Ya, you won...but I
didn't run my FASTEST..." -thinking nobody would notice that they were
full of crap. Those silly, proud boys fooled NOBODY then, and you're
fooling nobody now.

Where was this, "It's all about photography, and not equipment" attitude
when you were RAILING AWAY against the 300D???

You truly are a lost, meandering, inconsistant blabber-mouth, and seem to
have no self-awareness whatsoever.
Now... Rather

So I'll take that to mean it's not about photography then?

--
Dallas www.dallasdahms.com

"You know you're right! You're bloody well right!
You've bloody got a right to say!" ~ Supertramp

Old September 24th 04, 05:35 PM
Dallas 2

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:28:20 -0700, Mark M wrote:

"Jim MacKenzie" wrote in message

"Dallas" wrote in message
news
Amazing how pre-occupied with Nikon so many of the Canon adulators
are, isn't it?

As well as I can tell, we Nikon shooters actually shoot with our Nikons.

Dallas shoots primarily with his mouth. Check out his ENDLESS RAILING
about Canon's 300D. Funny that he starts up in reverse now.

He loves to claim that someone else starts it. -But he's quite eager to
jump on Canon with endless rants.

I have noted quite vocally the good things Nikon has done in many
different posts.
I have never referred to ANYTHING Nikon makes as crap, or any other major
put-down. Dallas would make a great corrupt politician. Say ANYTHING
that suits his current conversation...

Do you feel better now, Markie? Would you like an aspirin for that
pounding in your head?

Old September 24th 04, 05:35 PM
Dallas 2

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:22:16 -0700, Mark M wrote:

And there goes the very last of whatever credibility you once enjoyed
on this group. It sounded like a very wet fart.

Po' widdle fing...those naughty, naughty people at Nikon made a big
wee-wee on widdle Tony Spudrumpus' head.

This post...along with his chorus of "**** off you ****" lines pretty
well sums up the calibre of Dallas.

-Either baby-talk "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" pouting, or profanity.

Quality guy, this Dallas.

Oh look, it's my stalker again. Go take some pictures, Mark. You might
feel better.

Old September 24th 04, 05:35 PM
Dallas 2

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:30:40 -0700, Mark M wrote:

"Dallas 2" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:51:08 -0700, Mark M wrote:

"S Lee" wrote in message
Mark M choreographed a chorus line of high-kicking electrons to spell
out:

Come on Nikon! I'm pulling for ya!

Again, at least part of that is because it'll compel the nice
Canon
stuff to be a little less expensive

Which is the part I just LOVE!

How much cheap Canon schtuff you bought lately?

What part of **less EXPENSIVE** don't you comprehend?

I comprehend that you "LOVE" it when Canon equipment gets cheaper because
of something Nikon brings out, so I was just wondering how much cheap
Canon equipment you have bought recently. A fair question, wouldn't you
agree?

Tell me, Mark: do you actually do *any* photography?

Old September 24th 04, 05:40 PM
Rudi Cheow

I have expensive Nikon glass, and I don't "sadly" stick with Nikon.

Oops - I think you misunderstood me.

My point was that when you have oodles of Nikon kit (especially if it's
expensive), it would be uneconomical to migrate to Canon if the reasons
weren't persuasive enough for you to invest that much more on an equivalent
Canon setup. Even all this vouched-for additional technology that Canon has
today would probably not be a good reason enough to migrate, even though a
Canon setup may actually be better for your needs and may have been your
choice had you been able to start from scratch right at this very moment.

I say "sadly" in the sense that sadly we don't have much of a choice - once
we've bought into a brand, and especially if we've done so in a big way, it
becomes difficult and expensive to move.

I'm not saying that Canon kit is better than Nikon kit - I'm just saying
that without an industry standard lens interface (which I strongly wished
was implemented), as consumers we're all at a loss because of the forced
brand loyalty and pseudo-monopoly.

And BTW, I am a pure-Nikon user with high-end Nikon glass.