My film choice for my sisters Wedding - comments please

Old May 16th 04, 08:29 AM
Chris Wilkins

Default My film choice for my sisters Wedding - comments please

This my list for film for my sisters wedding.

Colour....
Fuji NPS 160
Fuji Reala ???-Not sure when would be the best time to use this-same
time when you would use Fuji NPC???
Fuji NPH 400

B&W...
Kodak T400CN (or maybes Fuji's Neopan 400CN - don't know how this
compares to Kodaks)
Ilford Delta 3200 - for some indoor shots

Is it worth using any Ilford PanF Plus 50? Or and Traditional B&W
film?

Any comments, addition, changes etc on the above please

Chris....
Old May 16th 04, 02:48 PM
Randall Ainsworth

Personally, I would not recommend non-Kodak products...but that's just
me.
Old May 17th 04, 05:35 AM
Randall Ainsworth

It would be seriously ill advised to dis the Fuji products, they and
Kodak have been in a film arms race for the last several decades, with
no clear winner, but that has lead to great improvements for the
consumer. However, it's probably not a great idea to mix the two film
families in one shoot.

I've been a slave to the Great Yellow Father my whole life in
photography. Tried the rest and found Kodak clearly superior for all
types of photography.
Old May 18th 04, 08:18 AM
zeitgeist

It never fails to amaze me, someone is planning to shoot their first
wedding, and the first, and I suppose only question is what kind of film to
shoot.

OK, let me ask you, what kind of paper does the lab run? fuji or kodak?

Old May 18th 04, 02:48 PM
Randall Ainsworth

It never fails to amaze me, someone is planning to shoot their first
wedding, and the first, and I suppose only question is what kind of film to
shoot.

A recipe for disaster for sure...
Old June 28th 04, 04:00 PM
Robert Brodie

I use Fuji NPS 160 & 400 all the time. It's a truly wonderful film great
skin tones. I shoot for a living. This is just my 2 cents.
I do all my own processing color, B&W E6 Prints & Film.
I used to be a slave to the great yellow father but they kept changing
films. Progress I guess. But in the darkroom you get everything tuned to a
certain film then have to start testing all over again. I don't like Fuji
papers though still use Kodak. I use ilford fims too my favorites. 3200 is
pretty grainy though for a wedding. Pan F is really slow but incredible.
Delta 100 and 400 aer exceptional too. I to would worry about doing a
wedding if you have no experience. Remember if you mess up, you totaly ruin
their day and it cannot be re-shot. I hope you have exposure and lighting
knowledge. Use professional film ONLY. Be Careful and good luck.

Old June 28th 04, 04:19 PM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Robert Brodie
wrote:

I use Fuji NPS 160 & 400 all the time. It's a truly wonderful film great
skin tones. I shoot for a living. This is just my 2 cents.
I do all my own processing color, B&W E6 Prints & Film.
I used to be a slave to the great yellow father but they kept changing
films. Progress I guess. But in the darkroom you get everything tuned to a
certain film then have to start testing all over again. I don't like Fuji
papers though still use Kodak. I use ilford fims too my favorites. 3200 is
pretty grainy though for a wedding. Pan F is really slow but incredible.
Delta 100 and 400 aer exceptional too. I to would worry about doing a
wedding if you have no experience. Remember if you mess up, you totaly ruin
their day and it cannot be re-shot. I hope you have exposure and lighting
knowledge. Use professional film ONLY. Be Careful and good luck.

Well, I hated Fuji back when I was in business and stuck with Kodak
film, paper, and chemistry. I know a lot of the guys on the lecture
circuit have been co-opted by the green box, but not me. Now I've gone
digital so it really doesn't matter.
Old July 10th 04, 05:36 PM
Andy Davidson

[Randall Ainsworth wrote in rec.photo.technique.people]
Well, I hated Fuji back when I was in business and stuck with Kodak
film, paper, and chemistry. I know a lot of the guys on the lecture
circuit have been co-opted by the green box, but not me. Now I've gone
digital so it really doesn't matter.

Heh - well if it makes you feel any better, Fuji's digital lab offerings
are awful so if you agree, your opinions are at least consistant.

But I come from a background of adoring fuji film - preferring NPS to
Portra, prefering Neopan to T-Max, etc. I also love bags of colour,
so I think Velvia is one of the finest emulsions crafted (although to
remain ontopic to this group, it's not so smashing for flattering
portraits.)

--
Regards, Andy Davidson
http://www.fotoserve.com/ - Better quality printing for your digital photos.