Punography comments from Annika1980

Old May 14th 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Default Punography comments from Annika1980

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Annika1980 wrote:
Awful mandate, awful results.

I both congratulate Bowser on setting the mandate and add to him a big
fat: "I told you so."

I simply refuse to cater to the lowest common demominator all the time.
Sometimes you have to reach and see what happens.

Participation in the SI has always been highest in quantity and quality
when the mandates were most accessible. I've been saying this for a long
time.

The more abstract the mandate the less participation.

Mandates need to be approachable for the simple reason that we all do not
have a lot of time to spend on the SI.

But lots of time for posting. Sigh...

Mandate suggestion follows.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

Old May 14th 09, 11:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Annika1980 wrote:
Awful mandate, awful results.

I both congratulate Bowser on setting the mandate and add to him a big
fat: "I told you so."

I simply refuse to cater to the lowest common demominator all the time.

?

Why would a mandate that is accessible be the lowest common denominator.

Around here that would be: photos of your keyboard.

Sometimes you have to reach and see what happens.

Sometimes common sense gets you more.

Participation in the SI has always been highest in quantity and
quality when the mandates were most accessible. I've been saying this
for a long time.

The more abstract the mandate the less participation.

Mandates need to be approachable for the simple reason that we all do
not have a lot of time to spend on the SI.

But lots of time for posting. Sigh...

Ain't it the truth!

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old May 15th 09, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Annika1980 wrote:
Awful mandate, awful results.

I both congratulate Bowser on setting the mandate and add to him a big
fat: "I told you so."

I simply refuse to cater to the lowest common demominator all the time.

?

Why would a mandate that is accessible be the lowest common denominator.

Accessible means easy, to me. Sometimes you need to reach beyond that.

Around here that would be: photos of your keyboard.

Nah, my keyboard is pretty boring.

Sometimes you have to reach and see what happens.

Sometimes common sense gets you more.

common sense and usenet are mutually exclusive

Old May 16th 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Annika1980 wrote:
Awful mandate, awful results.

I both congratulate Bowser on setting the mandate and add to him a
big fat: "I told you so."

I simply refuse to cater to the lowest common demominator all the time.

?

Why would a mandate that is accessible be the lowest common denominator.

Accessible means easy, to me. Sometimes you need to reach beyond that.

Believe me I understand what you mean. The point (again), as recently
proven (again) is that less accessible mandates result in far less
participation (again). I didn't even think of participating on this
one. Not that I couldn't come up with something. I just did not want
to contrive something and take the time doing so.

Around here that would be: photos of your keyboard.

Nah, my keyboard is pretty boring.

Sometimes you have to reach and see what happens.

Sometimes common sense gets you more.

common sense and usenet are mutually exclusive

The SI, at its best, does not reflect that.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.