Home & Free Solo

Old March 4th 19, 07:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Home & Free Solo

This weekend I got back home to California from being overseas for all of
February. I came home to find massive storm damage on my property, tree
issues, shingles blown/torn off the roof, and all the various related costs
that insurance won’t cover. So as of now I am looking at somewhere around
$7K-$10K to fix things. I was lucky the tree didn’t hit the house.

Then this evening I watched the NatGeo documentary “Free Solo”
documenting Alex Honnold’s mind boggling free solo climb of El Capitan at
Yosemite. That put all of my issues in perspective. Both the climb and the
cinematography of the climb are simply jaw-droppingly amazing, and worth
seeing. Just be warned that if you have vertigo problems, extreme heights are
involved.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/films/free-solo/

Savageduck

Old March 5th 19, 09:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Headon

On 04/03/2019 09:46, David in Devon wrote:
On 04/03/2019 07:20, Savageduck wrote:
This weekend I got back home to California from being overseas for all of
February. I came home to find massive storm damage on my property, tree
issues, shingles blown/torn off the roof, and all the various related
costs
that insurance won’t cover. So as of now I am looking at somewhere around
$7K-$10K to fix things. I was lucky the tree didn’t hit the house.

I'm saddened to hear of this - somewhat demoralising for sure. I lost my
main garden fence to gale force winds just a few weeks ago but time and
money HAVE fixed things.

Then this evening I watched the NatGeo documentary “Free Solo”
documenting Alex Honnold’s mind boggling free solo climb of El Capitan at
Yosemite. That put all of my issues in perspective. Both the climb and
the
cinematography of the climb are simply jaw-droppingly amazing, and worth
seeing. Just be warned that if you have vertigo problems, extreme
heights are
involved.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/films/free-solo/

Absolutely amazing video, part of which may be seen he-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=FRGF77fBAeM

Awesome is inadequate!

I can't even watch the clip of the Blue Peter man climbing Nelson's Column!

--
Mike Headon
R69S R850R

---

Old March 6th 19, 04:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel[_3_]

David in Devon
Mon, 04 Mar 2019 09:46:07 GMT in
rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On 04/03/2019 07:20, Savageduck wrote:
This weekend I got back home to California from being overseas
for all of February. I came home to find massive storm damage on
my property, tree issues, shingles blown/torn off the roof, and
all the various related costs that insurance won’t cover. So as
of now I am looking at somewhere around $7K-$10K to fix things. I
was lucky the tree didn’t hit the house.

I'm saddened to hear of this - somewhat demoralising for sure. I
lost my main garden fence to gale force winds just a few weeks ago
but time and money HAVE fixed things.

David,

As you well know, Savageduck already binned you. Due entirely to your
own actions; he completely ignored my warning concerning you, and, you
didn't let me down. G

--
Hipatitis (n): Terminal coolness.
Old March 6th 19, 04:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel[_3_]

Mike Headon
Tue, 05 Mar 2019 09:09:02 GMT
in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

[...]

Hi Mike, do be careful with David in Devon. Things are not quite as
they appear to be with him.

--
We are NOT lost! I know EXACTLY where we are! Where are we? We're
lost.
Old March 6th 19, 01:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.comp.sys.mac, comp.sys.mac.system
Savageduck[_3_]

On Mar 6, 2019, David in Devon wrote
(in article ):

On 05/03/2019 09:09, Mike Headon wrote:
On 04/03/2019 09:46, David in Devon wrote:
On 04/03/2019 07:20, Savageduck wrote:
This weekend....

You asshole!!

Why do you think you have the right to add cross posts to any OP, even if you
have not authored it?
I did not X-post my original to uk.comp.sys.mac or comp.sys.mac.system as it
had nothing to do with Macs, or iOS devices.

Why do you think it is OK to hijack threads?
If you have a problem, start your own new thread!

As for me, I have to further refine my filters/killfile.
Savageduck

Old March 6th 19, 03:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 06/03/2019 13:42, Savageduck wrote:
On Mar 6, 2019, David in Devon wrote
(in article ):

On 05/03/2019 09:09, Mike Headon wrote:
On 04/03/2019 09:46, David in Devon wrote:
On 04/03/2019 07:20, Savageduck wrote:
This weekend....

You asshole!!

Why do you think you have the right to add cross posts to any OP, even if
you have not authored it?

The Internet belongs to everyone. You use it voluntarily. Once something
is 'out there' it is there for good and you cannot control it.

That does not mean that it is in anyway acceptable to hijack a thread, and
add cross posts when they were not intended to be a part of the OP.

I did not X-post my original to uk.comp.sys.mac or comp.sys.mac.system as it
had nothing to do with Macs, or iOS devices.

You probably didn't know that there would be any kind of problem when
you made your initial post.

There wasn’t any problem with my OP. That only materialized when you added
your piece.

Why do you think it is OK to hijack threads?
If you have a problem, start your own new thread!

You posted a link which has caused problems for other folk.

Now you are lying.

The YouTube 360 link was one you posted, not me. The only link I posted was
the NatGeo link. The "other folk" that experienced a problem was you.

As for me, I have to further refine my filters/killfile.

No, you don't.

Yes I do!

Savageduck

Old March 6th 19, 03:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David in Devon
wrote:

On 06/03/2019 13:42, Savageduck wrote:
This weekend....

You asshole!!

Why do you think you have the right to add cross posts to any OP, even if
you have not authored it?

The Internet belongs to everyone. You use it voluntarily. Once something
is 'out there' it is there for good and you cannot control it.

you're trying to justify being an asshole.

I did not X-post my original to uk.comp.sys.mac or comp.sys.mac.system as it
had nothing to do with Macs, or iOS devices.

You probably didn't know that there would be any kind of problem when
you made your initial post.

there was *no* problem whatsoever, up until you showed up.

Why do you think it is OK to hijack threads?
If you have a problem, start your own new thread!

You posted a link which has caused problems for other folk.

he did no such thing.

as usual, you are lying in an attempt to cover up your despicable
actions.

As for me, I have to further refine my filters/killfile.

No, you don't. You need to be civil and more caring of others. I did
consider adding the Mac groups back in, but decided not to do so to
demonstrate goodwill. I have no desire to 'fight' with you.

you can demonstrate this supposed desire by not altering posts, or
better yet, not posting at all.
Old March 6th 19, 10:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 3/6/19 PDT 5:42 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Mar 6, 2019, David in Devon wrote
(in article ):

On 05/03/2019 09:09, Mike Headon wrote:
On 04/03/2019 09:46, David in Devon wrote:
On 04/03/2019 07:20, Savageduck wrote:
This weekend....

You asshole!!

Why do you think you have the right to add cross posts to any OP, even if you
have not authored it?
I did not X-post my original to uk.comp.sys.mac or comp.sys.mac.system as it
had nothing to do with Macs, or iOS devices.

Why do you think it is OK to hijack threads?
If you have a problem, start your own new thread!

As for me, I have to further refine my filters/killfile.

What may help a touch is to send replies asunder, as you have done.

There is no civility among a handful of flooders.
Old March 7th 19, 01:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

On 06/03/2019 13:42, Savageduck wrote:
On Mar 6, 2019, David in Devon wrote
(in article ):

On 05/03/2019 09:09, Mike Headon wrote:
On 04/03/2019 09:46, David in Devon wrote:
On 04/03/2019 07:20, Savageduck wrote:
This weekend....

You asshole!!

Why do you think you have the right to add cross posts to any OP, even if you
have not authored it?
I did not X-post my original to uk.comp.sys.mac or comp.sys.mac.system as it
had nothing to do with Macs, or iOS devices.

Why do you think it is OK to hijack threads?
If you have a problem, start your own new thread!

As for me, I have to further refine my filters/killfile.

+1.

I suspect there might be a medical/medication or some other aspect to
their behaviour. I only pick up fragments because of killfiles, but it
looks very odd to me.

--
Cheers, Rob
Old March 9th 19, 06:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 3/6/2019 5:00 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
On 3/6/19** PDT 5:42 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Mar 6, 2019, David in Devon wrote
(in article ):

On 05/03/2019 09:09, Mike Headon wrote:
On 04/03/2019 09:46, David in Devon wrote:
On 04/03/2019 07:20, Savageduck wrote:
This weekend....

You asshole!!

Why do you think you have the right to add cross posts to any OP, even
if you
have not authored it?
I did not X-post my original to uk.comp.sys.mac or comp.sys.mac.system
as it
had nothing to do with Macs, or iOS devices.

Why do you think it is OK to hijack threads?
If you have a problem, start your own new thread!

As for me, I have to further refine my filters/killfile.

What may help a touch is to send replies asunder, as you have done.

There is no civility among a handful of flooders.

Sadly true. Unfortunately, lack of civility is becoming a trend. I have
a theory as to why, but will not state it here. I prefer to stick to
photography related issues.

--
PeterN