Underwater Housing for Canon Powershot?

Old November 23rd 04, 07:24 PM
Owamanga

Default Underwater Housing for Canon Powershot?

My wife currently has the Canon APS ELF (It's like a James Bond Spy
Camera), but wants to switch to digital - she doesn't like using my
Nikon N80 or D70, claims they are too big and won't fit in her pocket
(which they wont).

Xmas approaches..

I guess the equivalent to APS film is about 1/4Megapixel (yes, one
quarter) so 5 Megapixels should be a significant improvement. My only
requirement is that the thing needs to work with CF cards (so the
D'ELFs are out), her's is that it needs to be small.

Any comments on the Canon Powershot S60 ?

And has anyone used the underwater housing?

I've googled and can't find a website with example *underwater*
pictures taken with this model (or similar). Links appreciated. The
closest I found was www.digifish.nl but no native resolution examples,
and not this specific camera.

Thanks.

--
Owamanga!
Old November 24th 04, 02:27 AM
EF in FLA

Any comments on the Canon Powershot S60 ?

Skip the 60 and go for the 70. I've heard it is much better. I am
currently shopping prices on an S70 myself. Right now they're around $430.

ef