NON-TRIPOD support for long lens

Old May 5th 05, 08:28 PM

Default NON-TRIPOD support for long lens

Earlier today I asked about support for a long lens. You kindly
referred me to places featuring tripods and accessories (B&H, Bogen,
Really Right Stuff). All of these had a variety of solutions, all
involving tripods. What i was looking for, and did not make clear in
the originaal message, was that I was looking for ways of providing
some support that does not involve a tripod. I cannot take a tripod
along. I have seen references to brackets or handles that provide some
steadiness for the hand-held camera. The question is, where can I find
such things for sale?

Thanks for the help.
Mark Schupack

Old May 5th 05, 09:27 PM

Here's what I do in similar situations. I - approximately - focus the
digicam. Then I extend the digicam as far from me as possible, bracing
it against the neck strap as I fine-focus it. Works great.

Save on gas! Shop the http://stores.ebay.com/INTERNET-GUN-SHOW

Old May 5th 05, 09:39 PM
Bob Salomon

In article . com,
" wrote:

Earlier today I asked about support for a long lens. You kindly
referred me to places featuring tripods and accessories (B&H, Bogen,
Really Right Stuff). All of these had a variety of solutions, all
involving tripods. What i was looking for, and did not make clear in
the originaal message, was that I was looking for ways of providing
some support that does not involve a tripod. I cannot take a tripod
along. I have seen references to brackets or handles that provide some
steadiness for the hand-held camera. The question is, where can I find
such things for sale?

Thanks for the help.
Mark Schupack

Novoflex makes a good shoulder stock that is fully adjustable. Ergorest
makes a combination shoulder stock, chest pod, table top tripod, copy
stand, and car widow mount for either inside or outside the car window.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.