Recommended Books for Photoshop Elements

Old October 14th 04, 05:03 PM
Magnusfarce

Default Recommended Books for Photoshop Elements

Based on responses to my post from a short while back, "Editing Software
Progression" (thanks for the help), I'm going to start with a copy of
Elements 1.0 that I already have and probably get 3.0 when it becomes
avaliable. Are there any particularly good books for the "Elements" series
I should look at, or should I wait for the books for Ver 3 to arrive?

While we're at it, are there any good books for the full version of
Photoshop that would be useful for working with the Elements versions?
Thanks.

- Magnusfarce

Old October 14th 04, 05:30 PM
GT40

Bert Monroy had a great book, I may have spelled his last name wrong,
but he has been on TechTV.com

Old October 14th 04, 07:30 PM
clw

"Magnusfarce" wrote:

Based on responses to my post from a short while back, "Editing Software
Progression" (thanks for the help), I'm going to start with a copy of
Elements 1.0 that I already have and probably get 3.0 when it becomes
avaliable. Are there any particularly good books for the "Elements" series
I should look at, or should I wait for the books for Ver 3 to arrive?

While we're at it, are there any good books for the full version of
Photoshop that would be useful for working with the Elements versions?
Thanks.

so far I have had versions one and two of PSE, and bought books for each
one. Hopefully, V 3 will be the last for a while.

Two good ones a

Photoshop Elements solutions by Mikkel Aaland

Photoshop Elements Tips and Tricks by Janee Aaronoff and four others is
also very good and gives you some web sites for technical support.

And, the manual from Photoshop is also excellent.

The "dummies" book has some useful tips, but I find their attempts to be
funny get on my nerves, and some of their explainations are not clear.
But, there is some good material here also.

I use all four together. wonder how I get anything done.

Old October 14th 04, 07:39 PM
Frank ess

Magnusfarce wrote:
Based on responses to my post from a short while back, "Editing
Software Progression" (thanks for the help), I'm going to start with
a copy of Elements 1.0 that I already have and probably get 3.0 when
it becomes avaliable. Are there any particularly good books for the
"Elements" series I should look at, or should I wait for the books
for Ver 3 to arrive?

While we're at it, are there any good books for the full version of
Photoshop that would be useful for working with the Elements versions?
Thanks.

- Magnusfarce

Not strictly "book larnin' ", but may be helpful:

Photoshop Elements 3 Users Get Access to 11 New How-to Video Tips at
PhotoshopElementsUser.com

(Press Release)
Thursday, October 14, 2004

http://www.creativepro.com/story/new...l?cprose=daily

--
Frank ess

Old October 15th 04, 12:46 AM
Markeau

FWIW just in case you don't already know, Adobe has some PE
newsgroups:
server: adobeforums.com
ng's: adobe.photoshop.elements, adobe.photoshop.elements.faq

There's also a usenet group: adobe.photoshop.elements that you could
google search as there have been numerous posts about good PE books,
etc.

Old October 15th 04, 06:14 AM
Magnusfarce

Thanks for the help. You're right, it didn't even occur to me to look for
those groups. Appreciate everyone's comments.

- Magnusfarce

Old October 15th 04, 06:14 AM
Magnusfarce