Bellows tilts & shifts

Old April 16th 07, 08:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Max Perl

Default Bellows tilts & shifts

The enlarger lenses can be purchased cheap on the used market.
Some give away their old darkroom equipment. I got some enlarger lenses
very cheap when many people stille had their own darkroom.
With the 135mm/5.6 I think it is possible to focus at infinity on the
bellows.
Have a look at ebay to see what you can get them for. You should be able to
get a 136/5.6 below USD 100.

Many of the other Nikkors are collector items. The Ultra-micro Nikkors are
expensive. They can go over USD 1000 on ebay and this is the most "common"
om them. Some will never show up at ebay.....they are very rare.

Some of the industrial lenses have been in large equipment so when the
equipment
was outdated then it was destroyed.

"Paul Furman" skrev i en meddelelse
. ..
Interesting, thanks. Was that serious about the special slow lens on the
bellows? What does the lens cost? Hmmm EL-Nikkor 135mm F5.6 seems to be an
enlarging lens, new for $400:
http://www.helixcamera.com/Darkroom/.../NikkorEL.html

Max Perl wrote:

Don't miss this. The first of the links on the homepage.
It is for you......something with plants and flowers:
http://akiroom.com/redbook-e/collection2/fuji01.html

"Max Perl" skrev i en meddelelse
k...

Have you seen this funny homepage with pictures and description of some
of Nikons industrial lenses used for "normal" photography?

http://homepage2.nifty.com/akiyanroo...k-e/index.html

One of the links is this one:
http://homepage2.nifty.com/akiyanroo...apo/el135.html

Maybe interresting for you?
PB-4's can be purchased rather cheap and it is build very nice. So just
having one without using it is fun :-)

"Paul Furman" skrev i en meddelelse
. net...

Max Perl wrote:

"Paul Furman" skrev i en meddelelse
igy.net...

Beach Bum wrote:

"Paul Furman" wrote

I didn't know you could mount your own lens to the lens babie - but

see a

reference to masking tape..

Second item from the right in this lineup is a lens back cap with
the
bottom drilled out which slips perfectly onto the lensbaby front.
Tape
just means you don't have to hold it constantly:

Cool. Thanks for sharing the construction and the end results. Now I
can
save my money for a new putter instead of a lens babie.

I just need a huge wide angle large format lens to mount on it.
Something the size of a coffee can & the cost of a small used car.
Actually it would be fun & might actually look decent, I should look
at renting something like that. What is the widest large format
(meduim format) lens, isn't it something like 100mm? Thet's not much
fun. Is there a better 'coke bottle' lens I could mount on it, I
wonder...

The old Hassy 40mm (C-version) lens is probably one of the most wide MF
format lenses
you can get for a relative low cost.

A company like this makes many funny adapters where you can reuse MF
lenses on 35mm SLR's.
Also enlarger lenses can be used:
http://www.zoerk.com/pages/p_pshift.htm

I'm not sure those medium format lenses are designed to tilt & shift?
Probably better than a 35mm lens but still if it's not designed for that
use, it seems the results can be pretty awful. I could probably slip a
rental on my lensbaby bellows & find out.

You can also get this one......here you can apply some shift if you use
a LF lens:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=475814

Ha, $2,000 bellows for LF lenses on 35mm SLRs. This might actually be
real neat but not in my budget. And these are no wider than 90mm.

This is interesting though:

. Swing and Tilt Stay At the Center of the Image

Assuming that the tilt axis in a photo moved out of the image plane, the
frame and focus would be become blurred, requiring re-framing and
re-focusing. In the Horseman LD design, on the other hand, the center of
the image remains coincident with the image plane, eliminating any need
to re-frame or re-focus. There are times, however, when it is practical
to be able to move the tilt axis; for example, when the point to be
focused upon is not at the center of the object. In such cases, the tilt
axis can be moved up or down the image plane with the help of an
accurate adjustment scale.

Old April 16th 07, 09:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Max Perl

You can also get wide angle enlarger lenses like the 28/4 componon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHNEIDER-COMPON...QQcmdZViewItem

Max Perl wrote:

Don't miss this. The first of the links on the homepage.
It is for you......something with plants and flowers:
http://akiroom.com/redbook-e/collection2/fuji01.html

"Max Perl" skrev i en meddelelse
k...

Have you seen this funny homepage with pictures and description of some
of Nikons industrial lenses used for "normal" photography?

http://homepage2.nifty.com/akiyanroo...k-e/index.html

One of the links is this one:
http://homepage2.nifty.com/akiyanroo...apo/el135.html

Maybe interresting for you?
PB-4's can be purchased rather cheap and it is build very nice. So just
having one without using it is fun :-)

"Paul Furman" skrev i en meddelelse
.net...

Max Perl wrote:

"Paul Furman" skrev i en meddelelse
digy.net...

Beach Bum wrote:

"Paul Furman" wrote

I didn't know you could mount your own lens to the lens babie -
but I

Old April 16th 07, 09:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Max Perl

Here the 28mm lens is used for some macro work.
http://www.mybitoftheplanet.com/tech...xtensions.html

Max Perl wrote:

Don't miss this. The first of the links on the homepage.
It is for you......something with plants and flowers:
http://akiroom.com/redbook-e/collection2/fuji01.html

"Max Perl" skrev i en meddelelse
k...

Have you seen this funny homepage with pictures and description of some
of Nikons industrial lenses used for "normal" photography?

http://homepage2.nifty.com/akiyanroo...k-e/index.html

One of the links is this one:
http://homepage2.nifty.com/akiyanroo...apo/el135.html

Maybe interresting for you?
PB-4's can be purchased rather cheap and it is build very nice. So just
having one without using it is fun :-)

"Paul Furman" skrev i en meddelelse
y.net...

Max Perl wrote:

"Paul Furman" skrev i en meddelelse
odigy.net...

Old April 16th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Max Perl wrote:

Here the 28mm lens is used for some macro work.
http://www.mybitoftheplanet.com/tech...xtensions.html

That is used reversed for extreme macro.

"Max Perl" skrev i en meddelelse
k...

You can also get wide angle enlarger lenses like the 28/4 componon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHNEIDER-COMPON...QQcmdZViewItem

"Max Perl" skrev i en meddelelse
.dk...

The enlarger lenses can be purchased cheap on the used market.
Some give away their old darkroom equipment. I got some enlarger lenses
very cheap when many people stille had their own darkroom.
With the 135mm/5.6 I think it is possible to focus at infinity on the
bellows.

Now that would be cool to focus to or near infinity on a bellows with
tilt. A shame that it appears to only work at 135mm. Still these lenses
are optimised for flat field focus, is that good for tilting?

Have a look at ebay to see what you can get them for. You should be able
get a 136/5.6 below USD 100.

Many of the other Nikkors are collector items. The Ultra-micro Nikkors
are
expensive. They can go over USD 1000 on ebay and this is the most
"common"
om them. Some will never show up at ebay.....they are very rare.

Some of the industrial lenses have been in large equipment so when the
equipment
was outdated then it was destroyed.

et...

Max Perl wrote:

Don't miss this. The first of the links on the homepage.
It is for you......something with plants and flowers:
http://akiroom.com/redbook-e/collection2/fuji01.html

"Max Perl" skrev i en meddelelse
ele.dk...

Have you seen this funny homepage with pictures and description of some
of Nikons industrial lenses used for "normal" photography?

http://homepage2.nifty.com/akiyanroo...k-e/index.html

One of the links is this one:
http://homepage2.nifty.com/akiyanroo...apo/el135.html

Maybe interresting for you?
PB-4's can be purchased rather cheap and it is build very nice. So just
having one without using it is fun :-)

"Paul Furman" skrev i en meddelelse
gy.net...

Max Perl wrote:

"Paul Furman" skrev i en meddelelse
rodigy.net...

Old April 17th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Max Perl

Max Perl wrote:

Here the 28mm lens is used for some macro work.
http://www.mybitoftheplanet.com/tech...xtensions.html

That is used reversed for extreme macro.

Yes!

"Max Perl" skrev i en meddelelse
k...

You can also get wide angle enlarger lenses like the 28/4 componon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHNEIDER-COMPON...QQcmdZViewItem

"Max Perl" skrev i en meddelelse
e.dk...

The enlarger lenses can be purchased cheap on the used market.
Some give away their old darkroom equipment. I got some enlarger lenses
very cheap when many people stille had their own darkroom.
With the 135mm/5.6 I think it is possible to focus at infinity on the
bellows.

Now that would be cool to focus to or near infinity on a bellows with
tilt. A shame that it appears to only work at 135mm. Still these lenses
are optimised for flat field focus, is that good for tilting?

I just tried my 135/5.6 on my PB-4 bellows. I used it reversed using the
BR-2A reversing adapter. With this setup I am able to focus at infinity with
the bellows having about 2cm of extention. The 135/5.6 has 52mm filter
thread.......very nice. Then it has 39mm "Leica" thread at the rear or 50mm.
You can unscrew an adapter to get the 50mm which must be a standard for
enlarger threads for the bigger enlarger lenses. The 135/5.6 is a very nice
lens.
It is all metal :-) ...my is the newest version.....called 135/5.6 (A).
Don't know
what the (A) stands for.
If you want to use these lenses "unreversed" you must get one of the
adapters
which converts 39mm til F-mount. It is possible to make one by yourself.
Use a bayonet ring from a lens and combine it with a 39mm enlarger plate.
The original adapter Nikon made is not easy to get. If you find it get
plenty
of them. Then I can have one also :-) ...I only have the L-F adapter
which
is also an extender.

A flat field lens is the perfect lens for tilting. Enlarger lenses was used
in the
darkroom to make perspective correcting at this stage. I never did this but
I think you tilt both the enlarger head and the board?

Infinity focus when used on a bellows I am sure you can use other lenses
also. It depends of the backfocus of the lens design. Maybe a 105mm can be
used also.......

Max Perl wrote:

Don't miss this. The first of the links on the homepage.
It is for you......something with plants and flowers:
http://akiroom.com/redbook-e/collection2/fuji01.html

. tele.dk...

Max Perl wrote:

"Paul Furman" skrev i en meddelelse
. prodigy.net...

Old April 17th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Max Perl

This link from the "Red book nikkors" is about the topic we are discussing.

http://homepage2.nifty.com/akiyanroo...tion/blue.html

Max Perl wrote:

Here the 28mm lens is used for some macro work.
http://www.mybitoftheplanet.com/tech...xtensions.html

That is used reversed for extreme macro.

Yes!

"Max Perl" skrev i en meddelelse
k...

You can also get wide angle enlarger lenses like the 28/4 componon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHNEIDER-COMPON...QQcmdZViewItem

le.dk...

Max Perl wrote:

Don't miss this. The first of the links on the homepage.
It is for you......something with plants and flowers:
http://akiroom.com/redbook-e/collection2/fuji01.html

.tele.dk...

Max Perl wrote:

"Paul Furman" skrev i en meddelelse
.prodigy.net...

Beach Bum wrote:

"Paul Furman" wrote

I didn't know you could mount your own lens to the lens
babie - but I

Old April 17th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Max Perl wrote:

This link from the "Red book nikkors" is about the topic we are discussing.

http://homepage2.nifty.com/akiyanroo...tion/blue.html

Cool, thanks. So at least to 75mm with infinity focus.

"Max Perl" skrev

Max Perl wrote:

Don't miss this. The first of the links on the homepage.
It is for you......something with plants and flowers:
http://akiroom.com/redbook-e/collection2/fuji01.html

s.tele.dk...

Max Perl wrote:

"Paul Furman" skrev i en meddelelse