Good Tutorials

Old October 18th 04, 10:26 PM
Dander

Default Good Tutorials

Where can a wannabe photographer find some good tutorials online?
Old October 18th 04, 10:28 PM
Doug Kanter

"Dander" wrote in message
om...
Where can a wannabe photographer find some good tutorials online?

I'll sell you a complete set of the Time-Life photography book series for
$25, and you pay the shipping. Great books. They were published around 1970,
so they don't cover digital, obviously, but not much else has changed. Light
is light, skin is skin, composition is composition.

Old October 19th 04, 12:54 AM
RSD99

Several places:

Canon Digital Learning Center
http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/lessons_1-5.html
http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/index.html

Kodak also has a "Digital Learning Center" at
http://www.kodak.com/US/en/digital/dlc/index.jhtml

Jewelry Photography, micro/macro photography - Ganoskin
http://www.ganoksin.com/borisat/dire...rary/subject/9

Macro Photography
http://www.photo.net/macro/primer

Product Photography - O'Reilly
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/orei...01/product_sho
ts.html

Adorama has a series of tutorial articles,
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=academy_articles

Photoflex has several, but they're probably now at the Web Photo School
site.

Web Photo School has a whole series of very well done tutorials ...
including several *free* ones
http://www.webphotoschool.com/Lesson_Library/index.html
http://www.webphotoschool.com/Lesson...ons/index.html
Some of their tutorials can be obtained (from your local **pro** photo
dealer) on a CD-ROM from Photoflex ... as most of them use the Photoflex
lighting equipment and Olympic cameras.

Several useful articles can be found at
http://azuswebworks.com/photography/index.html

Dan Heller has a few tutorials at
http://www.danheller.com/techfaq.html

Norman Koran has some excellent tutorials at
http://normankoren.com/
Even though these are often based on image editing with Picture Window Pro,
they might be useful to you.

A user of The GIMP has put together a page of tips for photographers
http://www.gimpguru.org/Tutorials/

That should be a good start ... you can also use Google to find more.

"Dander" wrote in message
om...
Where can a wannabe photographer find some good tutorials online?

Old October 19th 04, 12:54 AM
RSD99

[...]

"Dander" wrote in message
om...
Where can a wannabe photographer find some good tutorials online?

Old October 19th 04, 01:18 AM
Tony

The best source is still books as on line you will find a lot - and much of
it will be horse-hockey.
My site has a few tutorials but all I've bothered with are those subjects
usually ignored in books.
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
The Improved Links Pages are at

"Dander" wrote in message
om...
Where can a wannabe photographer find some good tutorials online?

Old October 19th 04, 01:18 AM
Tony

The best source is still books as on line you will find a lot - and much of
it will be horse-hockey.
My site has a few tutorials but all I've bothered with are those subjects
usually ignored in books.
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
The Improved Links Pages are at

"Dander" wrote in message
om...
Where can a wannabe photographer find some good tutorials online?

Old October 19th 04, 02:27 AM
Tetractys

Dander wrote:

Where can a wannabe photographer
find some good tutorials online?

This one I use a lot and recommend:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/

These I just grabbed and glanced at using Google:
http://www.silverlight.co.uk/tutorials/
http://www.photoxels.com/tutorials.html
http://www.ulead.com/learning/imageinfo.htm