New Zealand pictures

Old February 17th 07, 02:33 AM posted to alt.rec.hiking,uk.rec.walking,aus.bushwalking,fr.rec.photo,rec.photo.digital
DONOTREPLY

Default New Zealand pictures

New photos! Aerial shots of the Islands near Auckland Harbour.

http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200608-hawaii50/

==== flame bait follows =====

Photos of Auckland, New Zealand -- Piha-beach & Comet McNaught
http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200701-Comet-Piha/

As a native (i.e. born here of Anglo-Scottish-Irish extraction) New
Zealander, these images appear to be to be somewhat cynical.

Why mention the Angle-Saxon-Caucasian extraction?
This appears to be somewhat cynical, maybe implying that *he* is more
qualified
than, for example, the masses of polite and humble New Zealand
Asians??

The land/seascapes are reasonable, but the architecture and buildings are
not at all representative of the country, or the City of Auckland.

(Looks like I unknowingly took part in "Colin's Representative NZ
Photo Contest",
and was disqualified ;-)

Some of the titles seem to be from a person whose first language isn't
English, so I guess he/she is a foreign tourist, maybe on an organized tour.

This comment looks like it is from a person who is way too anglo-
american,
so I guess he is stuck in suburbia, vegetating behind a computer
screen.

What would you say if a black woman of South American cholo
extraction,
took these photos: http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200608-hawaii50/

Don't get your knickers in a twist, Colin.. :-)

Old February 17th 07, 06:13 AM posted to alt.rec.hiking,uk.rec.walking,aus.bushwalking,fr.rec.photo,rec.photo.digital
Colin_D

DONOTREPLY wrote:
New photos! Aerial shots of the Islands near Auckland Harbour.

http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200608-hawaii50/

==== flame bait follows =====

Photos of Auckland, New Zealand -- Piha-beach & Comet McNaught
http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200701-Comet-Piha/

As a native (i.e. born here of Anglo-Scottish-Irish extraction) New
Zealander, these images appear to be to be somewhat cynical.

Why mention the Angle-Saxon-Caucasian extraction?
This appears to be somewhat cynical, maybe implying that *he* is more
qualified
than, for example, the masses of polite and humble New Zealand
Asians??

Not at all. New Zealand has four major ethnic groups; indigenous Maori,
European/Caucasian, Pacific Islands, and Asian, mostly Chinese. I
merely indicated which group I belong to. What's wrong with that?

The land/seascapes are reasonable, but the architecture and buildings are
not at all representative of the country, or the City of Auckland.

(Looks like I unknowingly took part in "Colin's Representative NZ
Photo Contest",
and was disqualified ;-)

If you post images for people to look at, you are going to get opinions.
If you don't like it, don't post.

Some of the titles seem to be from a person whose first language isn't
English, so I guess he/she is a foreign tourist, maybe on an organized tour.

This comment looks like it is from a person who is way too anglo-
american,
so I guess he is stuck in suburbia, vegetating behind a computer
screen.

I see, a veritable smartass to boot. The comment was a *guess* on my
part; your guess is wrong. And there is nothing American (note the
capital A) about me at all.

What would you say if a black woman of South American cholo
extraction,
took these photos: http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200608-hawaii50/

WTF has that got to do with it? You're one of those holier-than-thou
types who react at any possible semblance of racist attitudes.

Don't get your knickers in a twist, Colin.. :-)

It's yours which are twisted, and the smiley doesn't work. I posted
some remarks which I expected would be taken at face value, not poked
with snide inferences which exist only in your mind.

Colin D.

Old February 18th 07, 09:59 PM posted to alt.rec.hiking,nz.general,alt.architecture,misc.invest.options,rec.photo.digital
Costas Ekonomides

Default YET MORE - New Zealand pictures

Wonderful pictures indeed, but 1842 the dawn of western civilization?????

"DONOTREPLY" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200612-Ra...e-Bay-Blackout

NEW! FRESH!! Historic Auckland
in photos!
http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200609-gb...oric_auckland/

Enormous history! 1842 is the dawn of western civilization!!

:-)

Old February 18th 07, 11:39 PM posted to alt.rec.hiking,nz.general,alt.architecture,misc.invest.options,rec.photo.digital
Sue Bilstein

On Feb 19, 10:59 am, "Costas Ekonomides" wrote:
Wonderful pictures indeed, but 1842 the dawn of western civilization?????

I think the OP meant "dawn of Western civilisation in New Zealand".
Don't know why he picked 1842, but European settlement didn't really
bet under way till the 1830s or so.

Old February 27th 07, 06:09 AM posted to alt.rec.hiking,nz.general,alt.architecture,misc.invest.options,rec.photo.digital
DONOTREPLY

New photo collection: http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200702-CultureFestival/

Wonderful pictures indeed, but 1842 the dawn of western civilization?????

I think the OP meant "dawn of Western civilisation in New Zealand".
Don't know why he picked 1842, but European settlement didn't really
get under way till the 1830s or so.

Exactly!!! Aotearoa seems to be a VERY multi-cultural society these
days.
We all hope the WESTERN civilisation is going to be replaced with
EASTERN politeness and SOUTHERN dishes ;-) and NORTHERN rationality.
Finish food was the greatest ;-)

For your enjoyment, here are my photos from the New Zealand Culture
Festival 2007
http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200702-CultureFestival/