Full-frame or 1.5 DSLR?

Old August 10th 05, 08:41 AM
Ton Maas

DoN. Nichols wrote:

In article , wrote:
In message ,
Stacey wrote:

So a 300mm lens on a 1Ds works just like it does on a 20D? And I guess a
28mm lens provides the same usefulness on the 1Ds as it does on the 20D as
well.. Glad you don't think FOV is important, seems most people do.

You are a simpleton. He didn't say "FOV isn't important".

FOV is not *RELEVANT* to the issue of lens size, for a given focal
length, max aperture, and usable area of focal plane.

This thread made me wonder if there was ever a lens designed without a
film/sensor format in mind. Maybe some enlarger lenses, though I'm not
sure if a, say 50 mm Rodagon normally used for 35mm will perform
adequately as a wide angle for medium or large format.

Ton
Old August 11th 05, 12:51 AM
wilt

"wilt" wrote:
John P Sheehy writes:
a 1.6x 8MP 20D has
more lens-resolving power than any of Canon's FF digitals

Go to http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos20d/page27.asp, and you
will see that the 20D has the SAME resolving power as the 1D MkII,
which has fewer pixels on the sensor than the 1DS MkII.

Again, you are changing the subject.
PIXEL PITCH resolves lenses, not sensor size or number of pixels (except
as they determine pixel pitch, together).

Sorry, but YOU MISSED the point...that a FF camera (with fewer pixels
than the 1D MkII) has the SAME RESOLVING power as the 20D. Contrary to
your statement, and proven in testing, a 20D does not have more
resolving power than the Canon FF.

I leave it to everyone's imagination whether or not the 1Ds MkII
performs even better (or the same) in resolving power compared to the
1D MkII, not making any claims.

--Wilt

Old August 11th 05, 02:53 AM
Stacey

Brian Baird wrote:

They're REAL photos. If they weren't, I wouldn't have sent 3 CDs and 1
DVD out to clients today.

Like your wreck "photos"? That's some great photography you got there....
--

Stacey