Nikon CP8800 and Fast Shutter Speed

Old February 13th 05, 04:25 AM
All Things Mopar

Leo R. commented courteously ...

[snipped in its entirety for brevity]

As before, Leo, thank your for your observations and
advice. You're providing exactly the info I need.

I was busy all day today and was yesterday, so I still
haven't gotten to fully reading about the 8800 or flashes
on NikonUSA or dpreview.com so I'm still very ignorant as
to the specs and relative merits of the camera itself or
the two flash choices.

Other than test driving, I'll make as best an informed
decision as I can based on " must have" vs. "nice to
have" features, price, power, weight, etc. As I commented
on earlier, I've learned my lesson not to ignore my
Momma's advice "don't be penny wise and dollar foolish!".

--
ATM, aka Jerry
Old February 13th 05, 03:48 PM
BobSam

Thanks for the data.

Please say firmware version so I don't bother downloading/updating
until this is resolved.

Tks
BobSam
Old February 14th 05, 04:23 PM
Cooter

My tests were done using firmware version 1.4

Old February 14th 05, 06:55 PM
Leo R.

"Cooter" wrote in message
om...
My tests were done using firmware version 1.4

Hello again Cooter. Good to hear from you.
Mine also has Ver 1.4. I upgraded it just after 1.4 was released.
The Nikon agents here still have my 8800, for nearly four weeks now and
still unable to demonstrate how to take a properly exposed pic at those high
shutter speeds. If the 8800 is unable to do that then it is not the camera I
bought. I am going to see them today and sort the mess out. Will give you a
progress report in a day or so.
Kind regards,
Leo.