Ilford ID11 dilutions.

Old May 30th 11, 04:21 PM
Darkroom User Darkroom User is offline
Junior Member

Default Ilford ID11 dilutions.

Ilford give times for ID11 for stock, 1+1 and 1+3, but how do I calculate a time if I wanted to try 1+2?
Old May 30th 11, 07:21 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Paul Giverin

In message , Darkroom User
writes

Ilford give times for ID11 for stock, 1+1 and 1+3, but how do I
calculate a time if I wanted to try 1+2?

You could try checking the Massive Dev Chart
http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php and use the data for D-76.

ID11 and D-76 are essentially the same formulation from different
manufacturers. I don't know what film you are using but there is data
for D-76 1+2 on Trix-400

--
Paul Giverin

My Photos:- www.pbase.com/vendee
Old May 31st 11, 05:26 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

On 5/30/2011 11:21 AM, Darkroom User wrote:
Ilford give times for ID11 for stock, 1+1 and 1+3, but how do I
calculate a time if I wanted to try 1+2?

I use a formula:

Time2 = SQRT(Dilution2/Dilution1) * Time1,

Where Time 1 is the time associated with the first (known)
dilution;
Dilution 1 is the number of components in the first dilution;
Dilution 2 is the number of components in the second dilution;
Time 2 is the desired time for the second dilution.

E.g., Dilution 1 is 1:1, so it has 2 dilution components
The known time for Dilution 1 is 10 minutes.
You are seeking the time for a 1:2 dilution, which has 3
dilution components.

Time 2 = SQRT(3/2) * 10 = 10 * SQRT (3) / SQRT (2) =
= 10 * 1.732/1.414 = 12.2 minutes.

--
Francis A. Miniter

Mesure is Medicine þauh þou muche ȝeor[n]e.
Al nis not good to þe gost þat þe bodi lykeþ,
Ne lyflode to þe licam þat leof is to þe soule.

William Langland, The Vision of Piers Plowman
Passus I, lines 33 - 35
Old June 1st 11, 03:46 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Frank Pittel

Darkroom User wrote:

: Ilford give times for ID11 for stock, 1+1 and 1+3, but how do I
: calculate a time if I wanted to try 1+2?

I would split the time and use that as the starting point for my development time
testing.
--

Keep working dumbo needs the money