PBS Show This Sunday 02/25: At Close Range With National Geographic

Old February 25th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Nicholas O. Lindan

Default PBS Show This Sunday 02/25: At Close Range With National Geographic

"David Ruether" wrote

It may be worth buying the DVD from PBS, if they offer it...

If the DVD is issued the local public library should have/be able
to get it.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.nolindan.com/da/index.htm

Old February 25th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mardon

"Annika1980" wrotes.com:

Sadly, our two local PBS stations don't carry it.
I even searched the National Geographic network on my dish. Not
showing there either.

This show was originally aired in HD on 2007.02.05. The torrent for that
show is posted on MiniMova at: http://www.mininova.org/tor/578461.
Old February 25th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 12:09:46 -0500, "David Ruether"
wrote:

Sorry - my NG reader hic-cupped and sent several copies...
--
David Ruether

You might want to try something a little better.

http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

==
John S. Douglas
Photographer & Webmaster
Legacy-photo.com - Xs750.net
Old February 25th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 10:06:39 -0600, "Summer Wind"
wrote:

At Close Range With National Geographic

Sunday, February 25, 8:00pm (Central)

The work of nature photographer Joel Sartore, including the challenges of
getting candid shots in various locales. Included: comments from National
Geographic magazine editors.

At Close Range with National Geographic DVD
Item no: ACNG601

http://www.shoppbs.org/product/index...ductId=2602022

24.99

==
John S. Douglas
Photographer & Webmaster
Legacy-photo.com - Xs750.net

Old February 25th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Feb 24, 11:06 am, "Summer Wind" wrote:
At Close Range With National Geographic

Sunday, February 25, 8:00pm (Central)

The work of nature photographer Joel Sartore, including the challenges of
getting candid shots in various locales. Included: comments from National
Geographic magazine editors.

They did a Yellowstone nature photography show a while back.
I notice those pivoting camera mounts are being used more and more for
wildlife. This kind of arrangement (curved camera holder on a tripod
that allows fast up down and side to side movement) has been around
for ages for things like small telescopes. I wonder why it took till
now to become popular in photography, particularly telephotography?
Last show I went to, Nikon had a bank of them fixed up with cameras
and telephotos.

Old March 5th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter Chant

RichA wrote:

On Feb 24, 11:06 am, "Summer Wind" wrote:
At Close Range With National Geographic

Sunday, February 25, 8:00pm (Central)

The work of nature photographer Joel Sartore, including the challenges of
getting candid shots in various locales. Included: comments from National
Geographic magazine editors.

They did a Yellowstone nature photography show a while back.
I notice those pivoting camera mounts are being used more and more for
wildlife. This kind of arrangement (curved camera holder on a tripod
that allows fast up down and side to side movement) has been around
for ages for things like small telescopes. I wonder why it took till
now to become popular in photography, particularly telephotography?
Last show I went to, Nikon had a bank of them fixed up with cameras
and telephotos.

Are you sure that is not a timeslice set up?

Pete

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk
Old March 26th 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

On 24 Feb, 23:40, "David Ruether" wrote:
"Annika1980" wrote in oglegroups.com...
On Feb 24, 12:05 pm, "David Ruether" wrote:
Which station / network?
"PBS Show This Sunday 02/25..." in US - I don't know if it is
available elsewhere.

Sadly, our two local PBS stations don't carry it.
I even searched the National Geographic network on my dish. Not
showing there either.

Ah, too bad. Maybe it will eventually appear on "NG on demand" on digital
cable, though being a PBS-network program, that seems unlikely. PBS
does often delay-broadcast programs (the one on the the NG photographer,
"At Close Range With National Geographic", appeared here a couple
of weeks ago, and is not scheduled to appear again here tomorrow or in
the near feature - I just did a search onwww.titantv.comfor it). It may be
worth buying the DVD from PBS, if they offer it...
--
David Ruether

hi babe

Old May 7th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Matt Clara

wrote:

Sorry - my NG reader hic-cupped and sent several copies...
--
David Ruether

You might want to try something a little better.

I extremely doubt it was his reader that caused the problem--most likely it
was his service. If it was we'd see this kind of problem all the time,
'cause most of us are using OE.
I'm quite web-savy (five years running the MI dept. of ag's website, not to
mention another 10 designing on the side), I have tried many different news
readers, and have never found a need for anything other than OE or Netscape
Messenger for text based newsgroups.

--
www.mattclara.com