CompactFlash cards

Old October 5th 03, 08:24 PM
Peter

Default CompactFlash cards

Help with choice, please! I'm a UK resident.

I'd like to source a CF card for my Kodak DC210 Plus, but am swamped by an
abundance of CF products on the market! Prices also, range vastly.
Presumably, as with many items, there is a quality/price curve and not all
cards function as well in some cameras as they do with others.... or am I
totally wrong? Being new to this aspect, I'm not at all clear about specs,
fitment and anything relevant to one trying to purchase, so I'd appreciate
some help.

Are all CF cards compatible with all cameras which use CompactFlash?
Which 128/256MB card would give good performance in my camera while coming
with a good value price tag?
Are these cards still used in modern cameras - so when I get fed up lugging
the DC210 "brick" around I can still use the cards in my new camera?

Many thanks for reading this far.

Old October 7th 03, 04:08 AM
zeitgeist

I'd like to source a CF card for my Kodak DC210 Plus, but am swamped by an
abundance of CF products on the market! Prices also, range vastly.
Presumably, as with many items, there is a quality/price curve and not all
cards function as well in some cameras as they do with others.... or am I
totally wrong? Being new to this aspect, I'm not at all clear about

specs,
fitment and anything relevant to one trying to purchase, so I'd appreciate
some help.

Are all CF cards compatible with all cameras which use CompactFlash?
Which 128/256MB card would give good performance in my camera while coming
with a good value price tag?
Are these cards still used in modern cameras - so when I get fed up

lugging
the DC210 "brick" around I can still use the cards in my new camera?

CF cards are standard in pro cameras, type 2 cards are a little thicker.
they keep coming out with larger and large mb /gb sized cards, (4 gigs now)

AFAIK, there are only minor differences between cards, a 'fast' card
probably won't show any faster in the average camera as the traffic jam is
the camera itself. so buy for price.