Little question about easels

Old March 16th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Little question about easels

Hello everybody!

I'm looking for a 4 blade easel like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SAUNDERS-4-BLADE..._W0QQitemZ7590
599230QQcategoryZ29987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

but the thing is I'm not familiar to Saunder's product line and I wonder if
I should go for this other model:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Saunders-V-TRACK...sel-11x14_W0QQ
itemZ7601006496QQcategoryZ629QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphoto
hosting

or rather this other:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Saunders-11x14-U...0QQitemZ760058
4129QQcategoryZ29987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem wich I even don't
know if it's a 4 blade one.

Wich one should I choose oh dear teachers?

Old March 17th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Don't buy an adjustable easel larger than 11X14, I like the Beseler
adjustable easel better.

Bob McCarthy

Old March 17th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Why shouldn't I? Are they less useful? I managed to home make a huge one for
20x25" paper and though I must say it was difficult to deal with it just
works.

Thanks Bob

oups.com...

Old March 17th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Javi L spake thus:

I'm looking for a 4 blade easel like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SAUNDERS-4-BLADE..._W0QQitemZ7590
599230QQcategoryZ29987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

but the thing is I'm not familiar to Saunder's product line and I wonder if
I should go for this other model:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Saunders-V-TRACK...sel-11x14_W0QQ
itemZ7601006496QQcategoryZ629QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphoto
hosting

or rather this other:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Saunders-11x14-U...0QQitemZ760058
4129QQcategoryZ29987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem wich I even don't
know if it's a 4 blade one.

Wich one should I choose oh dear teachers?

Here's my suggestion, which I make without knowing what you need in an
easel: forget the adjustable ones. Get yourself the appropriate sizes of
Speed-Ezls instead. No muss, no fuss.

This, of course, assumes you make "standard" size prints (8x10, 11x14,
etc.) If you don't, then you'll have to get an adjustable one. But these
fixed-size easels are so easy to use: stick the paper in them and go.

--
Second, Scientologists are like computers trying to run an emulation
of another computer. It can be done, but the performance is awful.

- Keith Henson, from alt.religion.scientology
Old March 17th 06, 10:54 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Javi L wrote:
Hello everybody!

I'm looking for a 4 blade easel like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SAUNDERS-4-BLADE..._W0QQitemZ7590
599230QQcategoryZ29987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

but the thing is I'm not familiar to Saunder's product line and I wonder if
I should go for this other model:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Saunders-V-TRACK...sel-11x14_W0QQ
itemZ7601006496QQcategoryZ629QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphoto
hosting

or rather this other:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Saunders-11x14-U...0QQitemZ760058
4129QQcategoryZ29987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem wich I even don't
know if it's a 4 blade one.

Wich one should I choose oh dear teachers?

I could not see any of the links, so I do not know which these are.

I have 4 Saunders easels and they are all good. One is an 8x10 fixed size
easel, one is an 11x14 adjustable one (I think it goes up to 14x17 if I pop
out the blade assembly), and one is a 16x20 fixed size easel. I got the
11x14 used for free. It it were only a lottle bit worse, I would get an
11x17 fixed size Saunders to replace it.

As far as other size images are concerned, those sizes are the sizes the
paper comes in, so those are enough. For me, there is little point to the
adjustable issue since I trim the paper to size just prior to mounting them,
and if they are not worth mounting, it does not matter much what the actual
margins are. YMMV

^^-^^ 05:50:01 up 1 day, 7:01, 3 users, load average: 4.16, 4.23, 4.12
Old March 20th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:05:29 +0000, Javi L wrote:

Hello everybody!

I'm looking for a 4 blade easel like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SAUNDERS-4-BLADE..._W0QQitemZ7590
599230QQcategoryZ29987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

but the thing is I'm not familiar to Saunder's product line and I wonder if
I should go for this other model:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Saunders-V-TRACK...sel-11x14_W0QQ
itemZ7601006496QQcategoryZ629QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphoto
hosting

or rather this other:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Saunders-11x14-U...0QQitemZ760058
4129QQcategoryZ29987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem wich I even don't
know if it's a 4 blade one.

Wich one should I choose oh dear teachers?

I have the last one (Well, mine is really the Universal 14x17), and it has
served me well for over 25 years. FYI: The cropping blades pop out as a
unit, if you don't want to use them.

Stef