[SI] Looking Up/Looking Down is UP! -- Comments

Old March 19th 13, 01:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Rob

Default [SI] Looking Up/Looking Down is UP! -- Comments

I agree there are some good images in the mix.

With this mandate, scenes don't convey, a convincing ones looking up or
looking down.

Scenes do not allow the mandate to work.

Cooper - nice graphics in the stairs, always good graphics within
lighthouses.

Bob Coe - would liked to have the elevator to be taken further
underneath. Looking up

Martha - whales find this a bit messy and to me does not convey a
message although does look up.

Bowser - thats certainly a looking down scene, tells a story of cold,
nice composition under restricted circumstances.

Looking up at the The Innocence of Liberty nice shot.

Ceiling good graphics but would have liked a bit more included.

The duck - scenes haven't demonstrated the mandate.

Tim - what happened here? both images look far to soft. Trees OK but bad
processing.

Old March 19th 13, 01:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-03-18 17:01:25 -0700, Rob said:

I agree there are some good images in the mix.
With this mandate, scenes don't convey, a convincing ones looking up or
looking down.
Scenes do not allow the mandate to work.

The duck - scenes haven't demonstrated the mandate.

Well I apologize for not having made that demonstration more obvious
for you. However, even though each of the three scenes I shot might not
have demonstrated the mandate to you, each was shot with the mandate in
mind.
#1 was shot from over 1,600 ft looking down across the hills to Morro
Bay in the distance, at sea level. A clear demonstration of the mandate.
#2 was shot looking down on San Martin Rock from the road on the cliff
face some 216 ft above. I was certainly looking down for that shot.
#3 changed direction and was shot looking up from 290 ft. at the trees
above me to the mountain top some 2,500 ft. above me. From where I was
I couldn't have looked up more if I tried.

I had hoped that the differences in elevation would be more obvious to
most observers than you were were able to discern.

Thanks for taking some time to comment, my comments will be along in
the next day or so.

Savageduck

Old March 19th 13, 05:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tim Conway[_2_]

"Rob" wrote in message
I agree there are some good images in the mix.

With this mandate, scenes don't convey, a convincing ones looking up or
looking down.

demonstrated the mandate.

Tim - what happened here? both images look far to soft. Trees OK but bad
processing.

My fault. I don't have a scanner, etc and had to copy some old prints. The
focus must've been off on my old camera. Exposure was too, but PS6
relatively saved that.
Thanks for commenting.

Old March 19th 13, 07:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Rob

#1 was shot from over 1,600 ft looking down across the hills to Morro
Bay in the distance, at sea level. A clear demonstration of the mandate.
#2 was shot looking down on San Martin Rock from the road on the cliff
face some 216 ft above. I was certainly looking down for that shot.
#3 changed direction and was shot looking up from 290 ft. at the trees
above me to the mountain top some 2,500 ft. above me. From where I was I
couldn't have looked up more if I tried.

I had hoped that the differences in elevation would be more obvious to
most observers than you were were able to discern.

Thanks for taking some time to comment, my comments will be along in the
next day or so.

You shouldn't have to apologise the scenes are impressive.

I know what you are thinking and I have even taken some shots looking up
at some steps on a bush track with a heap of people climbing, but it
didn't convey what I seen. Not till I got further back and included top
and bottom did it give the impression as to how far the top was away.
When we flatten a scene it doesn't help.