Mamiya RB67 question.

Old August 29th 07, 05:44 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Ric Trexell

Default Mamiya RB67 question.

Last week I won an auction on ebay for a RB67 Pro S. It came today and I'm
trying to learn how to work the beast. I think I might have found something
that doesn't work. On the film back is the multi-exposure lever, which if
set in the regular position is not suppose to allow you to cock the shutter,
right? I can cock it and trip it several times. It works the same way with
the lever pushed forward. Now the question is, is this okay if there is no
film in the camera, or wouldn't that matter. The little pin in the camera
body shoots out when I trip the shutter and the little blocking arm slides
out when I move the lever on the film back. So what is not happening right,
or like I said does this happen if there is no film in the camera? I don't
think that should matter but this thing has so many interlocks my head is
spinning. If you have the manual, it is on page 21. Can anyone help me
other than to say that is what happens when you buy on ebay. (This was
purchased from a NY camera dealer that said it was in excellant shape.) Any
help is appreiciated. Ric in Wisconsin.

Old August 29th 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Robert

"Ric Trexell" wrote in message
[...]

The shutter will cock in ether position. It's the film that will either
advance or not depending were the lever is positioned.
If the film advances you will take a second photo, if the lever is set for
multiple exposures the film will not advance and the second exposure
will be on the same frame.

Robert

Old August 29th 07, 01:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
michelo

[...]

Hi Ric,

It's like if the pin is not detecting the little blocking arm on the back.
First of all make sure that the back is properly inserted and locked on the
camera. If it does not work, remove the back and restrain the pin with your
finger, does it still trip the shutter?

Michel

Old August 29th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Mike Mueller

Ric Trexell wrote:
[...]

Ric
Go to either of these sites. both have extensive manuals for the RB67
for free.
I have paid butkus a few times for his great site.
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/mamiya/...ccessories.htm
http://www.mamiya-op.co.jp/home/came...ews/index.html
Mike Mueller
Old August 30th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
darkroommike

A good idea to make sure all the pieces are Pro-S, the body,
the rotating adapter and the back and also ensure that none
of the links, pins, etc. are stuck or bent. May be best to
find a local guy that knows this beastie (nice beastie!) to
help walk you through it a few times.

darkroommike

Old August 31st 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Matt Clara

"Robert" wrote in message

[...]

I agree with Robert. At first I too found it confusing, but the film
advance lever simply "says" whether the film advances or not.
http://www.mamiya.com/assets/pdfs/6x7/RB67_Pro-S_v7.PDF

"When the multiexposure lever of the roll
film holder is moved forward, the coupling
pin for double-exposure prevention is disengaged,
and whenever the shutter cocking
lever is set, shutter releasing can be repeated
without limit.

* The multiexposure lever can be changed
over before or after shutter cocking, and
also before or after shutter releasing for the
first multiple exposure photograph.

* When taking multiple exposure pictures
is finished, never fail to return the multiexposure
lever to its original position; otherwise,
failure in taking subsequent multiple
exposure pictures will occur."

--
www.mattclara.com

Old September 1st 07, 09:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Noons

On Aug 29, 2:44 pm, "Ric Trexell" wrote:
[...]

Make sure you really got a ProS bdy back. The older Pro - no S body
and back were missing this interlock and you could cock and trip the
shutter as many times as you wanted without needing to do anything
in the back.

Old September 1st 07, 09:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Dr. Georg N.Nyman

How about getting a user manual? Would this not be a good source for
information?

Regards GNN

Old September 3rd 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Ric Trexell

"Dr. Georg N.Nyman" wrote in message
. ..
How about getting a user manual? Would this not be a good source for
information?

Regards GNN

************************************************** *******************
If you had read all the posts and I think my first one, I talked about the
problem and refered to it being in the manual on page 21. So if I knew it
was on page 21 Doc, I must have had the manual, right? And further more
Doc, I have mastered the fine art of downloading manuals in Acrobat form and
I can also read. So you see, Doc, I just thought I'd act real smart and get
on this confuser thing and ask a smart question. Luckily, others that don't
have a Dr. in front of their name have tried to help me. I loaded a
practice roll of film in it today and it doesn't seem to work like the
manual I d/l'ed says. So what do you think Doc, maybe something just isn't
working right, you think? And to answer your question, user manuals can
some times be confusing. I bought a new TV this summer and read the manual
three times before I discovered I was reading it in Spanish, French and
Japanese. Hmmmmmm. Ric in Wisconsin.