Canon 10D lens choice and comments

Old October 17th 04, 07:44 PM
Art Salmons

Default Canon 10D lens choice and comments

I'm currently a film only photographer with a Canon system. I have two
Canon 1N bodies and the following lens.

Canon 20mm f2.8
Canon 50mm Mark I f1.8
Canon 85mm f1.8
Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro (does the macro lens still work on the 10D as a
macro)
Canon 28-70mm f2.8 L
Canon 28-135mm IS

I'm getting a Canon 10D to start shooting digital and I understand the
multiplier factor for the lens and I just sold a non IS 300mm f4 L
which I will probably regret once I go digital because a 480mm f4
would be awesome.

I'm also thinking of getting a 70-200mm f4 L. I Know I would love the
f2.8 IS version of this lens I don't want to spend the extra money and
quite frankly lug around the extra weight. I sold my 80-200mm 2.8 L
because I never used it and didn't like the weight. The 70-200mm f4
would be a 112-320mm f4 lens is lighter and seems like a nice
solution.

I just bought the 28-135mm IS lens and haven't used it yet but it
seems like a perfect lens for walking around at 45mm-216mm IS lens.
The 70-200mm f4 may be redundant so I'd like some thoughts from this
group. Another option is the 200mm f2.8 L lens which equates to a
320mm f2.8 lens.

Art Salmons
Old October 17th 04, 10:31 PM
Mr Jessop

If you must have 300mm of lens then the canon 100-300 is optically
outstanding considering its price.

Old October 17th 04, 10:31 PM
Mr Jessop

Old October 17th 04, 11:02 PM
Phil Wheeler

Not my take. I retired mine (actually loaned it to my dentist).

But it is no worse than any othe XX-300 lens in its price range; they
all seem to soften above 200mm.

Phil