Lens Caps

Old August 31st 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Just Shoot Me

Default Lens Caps

One thing I have always disliked about my Canon P&S was the lens cap.
Very cheap and would always fall off.
I recently read the same thing again but this time they were talking about
DSLR.
My Nikon lens cap has never falling off.
Anyone here ever notice problems with Canons lens caps?

JSM

Old August 31st 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

"Just Shoot Me" wrote in message
One thing I have always disliked about my Canon P&S was the lens
cap.
Very cheap and would always fall off.
I recently read the same thing again but this time they were talking
about DSLR.
My Nikon lens cap has never falling off.
Anyone here ever notice problems with Canons lens caps?

JSM

It seems to me that camera users are under attack by some mysterious
nemesis who remove lens caps from lenses or deliberately shoot jets of
air into your eye from the viewfinder. Be careful out there!

Old August 31st 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Adrian Boliston

One thing I have always disliked about my Canon P&S was the lens cap.
Very cheap and would always fall off.
I recently read the same thing again but this time they were talking about
DSLR.
My Nikon lens cap has never falling off.
Anyone here ever notice problems with Canons lens caps?

Are you talking about the cap falling off when it's in it's case? I often
see people walking about with capped lenses, which seems a bit silly to me
as it takes away the spontaneity which a lot of photography is about really.

cheers adrian www.boliston.co.uk

Old August 31st 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frederick

Just Shoot Me wrote:
One thing I have always disliked about my Canon P&S was the lens cap.
Very cheap and would always fall off.
I recently read the same thing again but this time they were talking about
DSLR.
My Nikon lens cap has never falling off.
Anyone here ever notice problems with Canons lens caps?

Sigma lens caps are the all time lowest. Pinch style cheap
****ty front caps that you can't get on or off with a hood
fitted, and for some obscure reason, Nikon rear caps that
have to be orientated the right way to fit - like a lens
mount. They are an abomination.
Old August 31st 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Matt Clara

One thing I have always disliked about my Canon P&S was the lens cap.
Very cheap and would always fall off.
I recently read the same thing again but this time they were talking about
DSLR.
My Nikon lens cap has never falling off.
Anyone here ever notice problems with Canons lens caps?

JSM

No, but I have had the latch on my wife's Elan II repaired twice. The third
time it broke I bought her a point and shoot digi. I was in the camera
store the other day and a guy was in there seeing about getting his elan
latch fixed...

--
www.mattclara.com

Old August 31st 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

One thing I have always disliked about my Canon P&S was the lens cap.
Very cheap and would always fall off.
I recently read the same thing again but this time they were talking
about DSLR.
My Nikon lens cap has never falling off.
Anyone here ever notice problems with Canons lens caps?

JSM

No, but I have had the latch on my wife's Elan II repaired twice. The
third time it broke I bought her a point and shoot digi. I was in the
camera store the other day and a guy was in there seeing about getting his
elan latch fixed...

--
www.mattclara.com

Mmmm, interesting.

My brothers, fathers, daughters, brother has never had this problem, go
figure. ;-)

Old September 1st 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Not Disclosed

Just Shoot Me wrote:
One thing I have always disliked about my Canon P&S was the lens cap.
Very cheap and would always fall off.
I recently read the same thing again but this time they were talking about
DSLR.
My Nikon lens cap has never falling off.
Anyone here ever notice problems with Canons lens caps?

Do you have Canon Lenscap Firmware 1.2.2 ???\

Old September 1st 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Avery

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:52:23 GMT, "Just Shoot Me"
wrote:

One thing I have always disliked about my Canon P&S was the lens cap.
Very cheap and would always fall off.
I recently read the same thing again but this time they were talking about
DSLR.
My Nikon lens cap has never falling off.
Anyone here ever notice problems with Canons lens caps?

JSM

I find that every time I drop my Nikon onto a concrete floor, the lens
cap is the first thing to fly off.
Old September 1st 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frederick

Just Shoot Me wrote:
One thing I have always disliked about my Canon P&S was the lens cap.
Very cheap and would always fall off.
I recently read the same thing again but this time they were talking
about DSLR.
My Nikon lens cap has never falling off.
Anyone here ever notice problems with Canons lens caps?

Sigma lens caps are the all time lowest. Pinch style cheap ****ty front
caps that you can't get on or off with a hood fitted, and for some obscure
reason, Nikon rear caps that have to be orientated the right way to fit -
like a lens mount. They are an abomination.

Really?

Actually no.
They aren't pinch style caps - they are the ones with the
squeeze buttons on the edge.