Olympus P10 printer

Old January 2nd 05, 04:34 AM
Michael

Default Olympus P10 printer

My father bought himself the dye-sub P10 printer from Olympus. He was very
pleased with the speed and output quality and recommended it to me for
printing 4x6's instead of using my regular stylus photo printer. Since
mostly I print 4x6, I may as well give these little printers a shot and see
how it works out. It also supports PictBridge and so does my new camera.
Some thing else I'm really looking forward to using. The printer does not
have an LCD or a card slot...so it forces you to use your camera with it,
but the printer was only $150.

Old January 2nd 05, 04:37 AM
All Things Mopar

Michael commented courteously ...

My father bought himself the dye-sub P10 printer from
Olympus. He was very pleased with the speed and output
quality and recommended it to me for printing 4x6's

instead
of using my regular stylus photo printer.

Didn't know they made those. But, then, I bought my wife's
little Kodak with their Dock 6000 that mounts her Kodak
$150 6330 P & S so she could print straight from the
camera, and it's a printer steal for another $150
(although 65 cents a print is a bite!).

--
ATM, aka Jerry Rivers

Old January 2nd 05, 04:49 AM
Michael

Yes, it comes about 55cents a print...but prints you want. With a photo
center/lab you get them all and pay for them all. I still haven't received
mine yet, but can't wait to try it out and use it. Although there are/were
rare times I want to print larger then 4x6. O well....

Old January 2nd 05, 05:53 AM
Pete D

"Michael" wrote in message
Yes, it comes about 55cents a print...but prints you want. With a photo
center/lab you get them all and pay for them all. I still haven't received
mine yet, but can't wait to try it out and use it. Although there are/were
rare times I want to print larger then 4x6. O well....

"All Things Mopar" wrote in message
Michael commented courteously ...

My father bought himself the dye-sub P10 printer from
Olympus. He was very pleased with the speed and output
quality and recommended it to me for printing 4x6's

instead
of using my regular stylus photo printer.

Didn't know they made those. But, then, I bought my wife's
little Kodak with their Dock 6000 that mounts her Kodak
$150 6330 P & S so she could print straight from the
camera, and it's a printer steal for another $150
(although 65 cents a print is a bite!).

All the labs here in Austrlia do only the prints you want at 39 - 49 cents
per print that would be about 30-40 cents per print for full chemical
prints.

Old January 2nd 05, 06:06 AM
Michael

Well, in NJ it's all or nothing. There isn't such a thing about customer
service or customer satisfaction in this state. Also, if you even try to
tell a person working at the photolab place you would confuse them as all
hell anyway to begin with since most employees of companies around here are
incompetent. I have yet to visit a store in the last few years in this state
and actually talk to some one who knew what the hell was going on. It sounds
bad, but when I know more about a product then the person working there,
there's some thing wrong. I don't go to stores anymore and ask questions.
Those days are over. A 19 year old kid isn't going to know the battery life
on a certain battery...why? Because they could care less and the owners of
the store only hire cheap.

I am real sorry this post sounds so negative...but it's really true. A few
examples of some stores I've been to in the past are Compusa, Staples,
Officemax, BestBuy, CircuitCity, etc....and there are others. I've went
shopping for quite a bit in the last couple of years and lemme tell
ya...asking questions at any of these stores usually come back with, "I
don't know", or some 19 year old telling you the first thing that pops into
his head when it's right or wrong. So now, when I want to buy some thing
like a TV for example I will do ALL my research online. I will find out
about what I don't know and have to learn. I will teach myself the jargon,
the technology and how it works. I will inform and teach myself to the point
where I know what I want and go out looking for it. And then to have a 19
year old sales boy tell me about a product that's wrong anyway and indicate
I am still wrong anyway really ****es me off. Large companies these days
just hire cheap and could care less about training the employees or
informing them about the products they sell.

Old January 2nd 05, 07:13 AM
All Things Mopar

Michael commented courteously ...

Yes, it comes about 55cents a print...but prints you

want.
With a photo center/lab you get them all and pay for

them
all.

Yeah, besides my wife wanting to print quickly and simply
without having to load the memory card, schepp on over to
WalMart and didle with the kiosk (guess who'd really wind
up doing that?), she finds out right away if the pic is
OK. For the number she prints, its way more cost effective
than 25-30 cents at a "lab".

I've searched around locally and not found any good prices
on Kodak's paper/"ink" packs, Googled some, etc., and
haven't been able to crack $24.99 + $1.50 Michigan sales
tax on a 40-pack, so I'm at about 65 cents. But, and this
is a major biggie with my wife, the Kodak prints are 100%
water-safe, and they look GOOD!

--
ATM, aka Jerry Rivers