Immaculate Nikon F2S Photomic for sale

Old December 12th 05, 09:51 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.35mm

Default Immaculate Nikon F2S Photomic for sale

Hello Everyone,

I have a F2S that has been in storage for decades! My question is, how do I
find a value for the equipment? It takes awesome pictures and never has been
touched by a technician! Cosmetics are excellent!

Nikon F2S Photomic
24mm f/2.8
43-86mm f/3.5 zoom
80-200mm f/4.5 zoom
MD-2 motor drive
MB-1 battery pak
MC-4 remote cord
MC-1 remote cord (50')
SunPak Auto 611 thyristor elec. flash unit (works)
SunPak Auto 322 thyristor elec, flash unit (works)
Misc. accessories

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Old December 12th 05, 10:13 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.35mm

You can certainly look at the KEH web site to get an idea of resale value
for comperable condition equipment. Or try searching e-bay for completed
auctions - but who knows how honest the various condition ratings are.

I'd love an F2S - I have a couple of old Ftn bodies as basck ups for more
recent vintage Nikons, and to my mind the F2S is the final (and best) stage
in the old F series. As I recall, the F2S can be quite a valuable
commodity.

I worry about the comment that its never been to a technician. Mine get a
CLA (clean,lube, adjust) visit every few years to avoid having expensive and
/ or damaging problems like sticky shutters. Mine look slightly worn, but
function 100%.

et...

Old December 17th 05, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.35mm

I owned an F2Sb which I replaced with an F3 and F4S. The F2 series was
excellent, however the "Achilles heel" of the F2A and F2S was a variable
resistor in the meter head which frequently went bad over time.
Unfortunately
it is no longer made and is very difficult to find. So repairs on these
models
can be problematic. The F2Sb was an update of the F2S which did not use
that resistor.

35mm equipment in general has taken it on the chin regarding resale value.
My F4S is like new yet I probably couldn't get much more than $500 on the
used market because of the bottom falling out of the 35mm market. The
lenses will likely do better because most can be used with the Nikon digital
SLR's.