Digitally Depressed

Old November 26th 05, 05:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Digitally Depressed

I want a New Camera but don't need one!

I have a small Canon S410 that takes wonderful pictures. I travel and take
pictures almost every day and email some each day to a mailing list of about
40 people. The highest resolution I can reliably send is 800x600 pixels.
That's just a mere 1/2 MP! I always frame my shots well so I don't need to
crop. The 4MP of my Canon is simply wasted.

Since I ride a dirt bike on most of my exploring around I can't easily carry
any camera much bigger than the one I've got.

I'm Digitally Depressed because I have all the camera I need but still want
more!

NM

Old November 26th 05, 06:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"~~NoMad~~" wrote in message
I want a New Camera but don't need one!

I have a small Canon S410 that takes wonderful pictures. I travel and take
pictures almost every day and email some each day to a mailing list of
about 40 people. The highest resolution I can reliably send is 800x600
pixels. That's just a mere 1/2 MP! I always frame my shots well so I don't
need to crop. The 4MP of my Canon is simply wasted.

Since I ride a dirt bike on most of my exploring around I can't easily
carry any camera much bigger than the one I've got.

I'm Digitally Depressed because I have all the camera I need but still
want more!

NM

I know EXACTLY what you mean!!!! :-))

Old November 26th 05, 08:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

~~NoMad~~ wrote:
I want a New Camera but don't need one!

I have a small Canon S410 that takes wonderful pictures. I travel and take
pictures almost every day and email some each day to a mailing list of about
40 people. The highest resolution I can reliably send is 800x600 pixels.
That's just a mere 1/2 MP! I always frame my shots well so I don't need to
crop. The 4MP of my Canon is simply wasted.

Since I ride a dirt bike on most of my exploring around I can't easily carry
any camera much bigger than the one I've got.

I'm Digitally Depressed because I have all the camera I need but still want
more!

NM

What would you do if you had more? More What?
Do you want more MP or do you think you have way more MP than you really
neeed for your present applications?
Right now, you are just sending e-mail images at 0.5MP, but if, and
when, you decide to print some of the pictures, you will be glad you
have those 4MP.
Bob Williams

Old November 26th 05, 09:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

I want a New Camera but don't need one!

I have a small Canon S410 that takes wonderful pictures. I travel and take
pictures almost every day and email some each day to a mailing list of about
40 people. The highest resolution I can reliably send is 800x600 pixels.
That's just a mere 1/2 MP! I always frame my shots well so I don't need to
crop. The 4MP of my Canon is simply wasted.

Since I ride a dirt bike on most of my exploring around I can't easily carry
any camera much bigger than the one I've got.

I'm Digitally Depressed because I have all the camera I need but still want
more!

NM

Ah well, you see, you are looking at it the wrong way. You only *think* you
have all the camera you need but ...
- if you had a new camera you might want to use it EVEN MORE than than you
do now. Think of the extra pleasure it would bring to your life.
- what if your new camera had an interval timer and you could take pictures
of yourself exploring?
- what if your new camera was smaller?
- how often have you been out on the trail and it's started to rain. "I wish
my camera was waterproof ... " you might have said.
- silver is just soooo last week.
- economies around the world are starting to slow. The world needs people to
buy things (cameras are a good start).
- there are bound to be people near to you who are crying out for such a
perfect camera as yours but who are unable to buy one. "If only someone was
selling a used camera," I hear them say.
- without people buying the latest hardware, and pushing cash into the
vaults of Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Fuji, etc. there would be no R&D and no
full-frame dSLRs for everyone. The camera makers need your cash. You are
doing this for the greater good of photographers everywhere.

And this only took me five minutes. I'm sure you could do better - I'm sure
EVERYONE could do better.

--
Paul ============}
o o

// Live fast, die old //

Gallery at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pcbradley/NewGallery2.htm

Old December 4th 05, 01:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

In article ,
"~~NoMad~~" wrote:

I want a New Camera but don't need one!

I have a small Canon S410 that takes wonderful pictures. I travel and take
pictures almost every day and email some each day to a mailing list of about
40 people. The highest resolution I can reliably send is 800x600 pixels.
That's just a mere 1/2 MP! I always frame my shots well so I don't need to
crop. The 4MP of my Canon is simply wasted.

Since I ride a dirt bike on most of my exploring around I can't easily carry
any camera much bigger than the one I've got.

I'm Digitally Depressed because I have all the camera I need but still want
more!

I have the other problem. I don't want more - my Fuji does it all for
me, gets girls half my age cooing over my iPhoto slideshows as well as
taking great pix. Problem is, with these winters drawing in the prospect
of tramping over hill and down dale chasing the light versus a warm
evening in front of the telly and heater - motivation becomes the
biggest problem.