All-in-One PCs

Old January 24th 16, 07:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default All-in-One PCs

In article ,
PeterN wrote:

Besides, I have other more potentially lucrative investments. Which I
would be happy to discuss with you, for an appropriate fee.

Snakeoils are back on the streets, huh?
--
teleportation kills
Old January 24th 16, 07:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 1/24/2016 2:24 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

such a device is not marketable.

So says our resident marketing expert.

yet another attack. stick to the topic for a change.

So calling you a marketing expert is an attack?
And questioning the credibility of an affirmative statement, is off
topic.
You do indeed have some strange definitions.

you know quite well it was not intended as a compliment.

so what will you be calling your newly founded company that will be
building and selling such a device and when can we expect to see the
first prototypes?

Assuming I had a desire to go into manufacturing, which I don't, I have
no obligation to give you any information.
Besides, I have other more potentially lucrative investments. Which I
would be happy to discuss with you, for an appropriate fee.

translated, "it's not marketable".

As usual you have drawn yet another asinine conclusion. I have no
interest in opening, or purchasing a Cocoa Cola bottling plant.
According to your logic, cocoa Cola is not marketable either.

straw man.

provide facts that it's marketable.

why would someone want to buy a 24" tablet with 5 minute battery life
and wall mount brackets. the whole concept is stupid.

You made the statement. All you need to do is make you statement as an
opinion, not as a fact.

--
PeterN
Old January 24th 16, 07:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

answer the question.

i'll ask it another way. what is the use case for a 24" tablet with a 5
minute battery and wall mount brackets. what problem does it solve.
Old January 24th 16, 07:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 1/24/2016 2:37 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

There are at least five that you need to answer first.

--
PeterN
Old January 24th 16, 08:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Jolly Roger[_2_]

On 2016-01-24 04:55, android wrote:

The consensus is that if you really want an all in one then the iMac is
the way to go... The real way to go is, however to buy a Mini Mac and
hook up a screen of your choice!

This assumes Apple wants the Mini and separate screens to continue to be
part of its product lineup (along with MacPro).

No, it doesn't make any such assumption. And there are no signs that
Apple will drop the Mac mini or Mac Pro. You are spreading FUD as usual.

JR
Old January 24th 16, 08:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Jolly Roger[_2_]

On 2016-01-24 08:17, Alfred Molon wrote:

Fine, but is there anything with Windows?

With Windows now supporting EFI, is "Bootcamp" still necessary ?

Of course, but since it is built-in there is no need to attempt to do
without.

JR
Old January 24th 16, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
android

In article ,
Lewis wrote:

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Dr Merckwurdigerlibe was a goood movie...
--
teleportation kills
Old January 24th 16, 08:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 14:24:04 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

Don't you read or have just got locked in argumentative mode?

"Internal battery not needed or perhaps small for for 5 minutes of
autonomy, in case the power gets cut off for some reason."

Eric Stevens
Old January 24th 16, 08:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 13:04:10 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Bottom line. either will work. I personally would not consider an all in
one.

then you're missing out on a 5k display.

I have a personal bias in favor of flexibility, which gives the
edge to Windows.

flexibility comes at a cost. by making that the priority, you
compromise productivity and user experience.

Logic says why buy a Mac if you are going to run
Windows programs.

if flexibility is your goal, then a mac is the way to go because not
only can you run windows apps but you can *also* run mac apps, making
it the most flexible choice.

I would be concerned about driver issues when the
programs update.

there's no need to be concerned. apple supplies the necessary drivers
for the hardware.

But do they concern themselves with drivers compatible with Windows
applications? I think not.

Eric Stevens
Old January 24th 16, 08:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
android

In article om,

On 2016-01-24 04:55, android wrote:

The consensus is that if you really want an all in one then the iMac is
the way to go... The real way to go is, however to buy a Mini Mac and
hook up a screen of your choice!

This assumes Apple wants the Mini and separate screens to continue to be
part of its product lineup (along with MacPro). Apple is a mass market
company, not someone like IBM, so you cannot count on a product strategy
to be long term.

No reason not to use existing options while they exist. It's rather a
signal to the MF that the product is desired.

Nothing wrong with buying a mini or macpro with separate screen today if
those fit your needs. But I have learned the hard way with my purchase
of expensive xserve to not trust that Apple will continue a product line
that is not mass produced.

Soo... you'll get a allinone the next time, if the Mini or Pro is off
the market. Or turn to another supplier. I think that I would do the
latter, but am not sure.

The mini and MacPro have slower product refresh cycle which means that
depending on when you buy it, you may have the latest/greatest chip, or
a fairly old one because the model hasn't been updated in a while.

--
teleportation kills