B&H and Adorama profiteering from tsunami?

Old March 18th 11, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Steve[_22_]

Default B&H and Adorama profiteering from tsunami?

Stephen wrote in :

Are you sitting comfortably? Then let's begin:

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:22:15 -0400, I ask two questions Pete
Stavrakoglou Are you now a NetNannie? OK!
Have you ever been a NetNannie? OK!
Well you, or some one purporting to be you, wrote:

Motorola has nothing to do with Adorama and B&H. Are you ready to
retract your accusation against Adorama and B&H? You've libeled
them.

"RichA" wrote in message

.
.. On Mar 17, 1:42 pm, Helen Oster wrote:
On Mar 17, 12:41 am, RichA wrote:

I knew Obama was thrilled with it since it took attention of Libya
and his pathetic inaction, looks like more people are cashing in.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...m=1021&thread=
3797

As Henry Posner has explained at length on dpreview, retailers are
only free to set their own prices within parameters set by the
manufacturers and distributors.
When these paremeters change, ALL retailers have no choice but to
increase our prices or lose our status as authorized resellers - and
these rules can apply to items that we already have in stock sitting
on our shelves, not only when we re-stock!

It's not exactly price fixing, traditionally for that you'd need
collusion between camera mfg's, but Motorola got into trouble in the
1980's for doing this with semi-conductors, basically telling the
sellers what they could charge to customers.

There you go again. Ruining a good mindless rant with clear objective
facts!

Stephen.

Be aware that this tedious **** has silently set the followup-to to
uk.rec.ufo.

This is his NNTP-Posting-Host: 5ac362c0.bb.sky.com
Old March 19th 11, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Steve[_22_]

Stephen wrote:

Are you sitting comfortably? Then let's begin:

On 18 Mar 2011 17:56:52 GMT, I ask two questions Steve

On Mar 17, 12:41 am, RichA wrote:

[...]

Thankyou thankyou thankyou

You're very welcome.