What SD card?

Old November 21st 04, 09:08 PM
Aruz

Default What SD card?

Getting my new camera for Christmas (IXUS 40), and along with a few other
things, such as case and spare battery, I will be needing another SD card.
However, having never used SD with any other device that I own, I have no
idea which ones would be best to go for. I need something fast and reliable.
Who would be the best manufacturer to go with? I am looking for cards of at
least 256MB size, but would prefer 512.

Thanks in advance!

--
Aruz
--

---

Old November 22nd 04, 07:24 PM
Daniel

Hi, I am a BIG fan of the Lexar brand of memory cards. All of their cards
have designations of speed - that is transfer speed - I most of the time
like to get at least 8X. Prices on the cards have been coming down quite a
lot. Ohh... and for the size, I would stick with the 128 MB or 256 MB, I
have heard stories about people losing photos because they had transfer
problems or the camera all of a sudden stopped working because the batteries
went dead corrupting the files. I know that does not happen too often, but
if it happens to you..... Well. So I usually will download the photos to
my computer as soon as possible.

Anyway, you are getting the camera for Christmas, what did you do, PEEK
into the box? :-)

Dan

Old November 22nd 04, 07:54 PM
Aruz

"K J" wrote in message
news
SanDisk Ultra II 512 and 1G SD. Very Fast, very reliable. Never had a
problem with them.

Know where I can order these from the UK? I have looked around a few places,
but can't find them. Admittedly, not looked hard, but if you are willing to
spare me the hassle

---

Old November 22nd 04, 07:56 PM
Aruz

"Daniel" dcxdanATwowwayDOTcom wrote in message
Hi, I am a BIG fan of the Lexar brand of memory cards. All of their cards
have designations of speed - that is transfer speed - I most of the time
like to get at least 8X. Prices on the cards have been coming down quite a
lot. Ohh... and for the size, I would stick with the 128 MB or 256 MB, I
have heard stories about people losing photos because they had transfer
problems or the camera all of a sudden stopped working because the

batteries
went dead corrupting the files. I know that does not happen too often, but
if it happens to you..... Well. So I usually will download the photos to
my computer as soon as possible.

Anyway, you are getting the camera for Christmas, what did you do, PEEK
into the box? :-)

Dan

Right, will look into Lexar. Have found these at various places. Thanks much

---

Old November 22nd 04, 08:22 PM
Aruz

"Aruz" wrote in message

"K J" wrote in message
news
SanDisk Ultra II 512 and 1G SD. Very Fast, very reliable. Never had a
problem with them.

Know where I can order these from the UK? I have looked around a few

places,
but can't find them. Admittedly, not looked hard, but if you are willing

spare me the hassle

---

No need. Just found a good enough supplier. Thank you dealtime

---

Old November 23rd 04, 07:57 AM
PhilFaeBuckie

Getting my new camera for Christmas (IXUS 40), and along with a few other
things, such as case and spare battery, I will be needing another SD card.
However, having never used SD with any other device that I own, I have no
idea which ones would be best to go for. I need something fast and
reliable.
Who would be the best manufacturer to go with? I am looking for cards of
at
least 256MB size, but would prefer 512.

I have had good experience of the Silicon Power Ultima range of SD cards.
For example the Ultima 45X 1GB is available for US$99.00 at
http://www.opticsplanet.net/silicon-...ital-card.html

Old November 23rd 04, 10:28 AM
me2

Has anyone used the high speed ByteStor cards? What are they like for speed
and reliability?

Old December 8th 04, 11:40 AM
Alan

"Aruz" wrote in message

"K J" wrote in message
news
SanDisk Ultra II 512 and 1G SD. Very Fast, very reliable. Never had a
problem with them.

Know where I can order these from the UK? I have looked around a few
places,
but can't find them. Admittedly, not looked hard, but if you are willing
spare me the hassle

---

Have you tried eBay ?? got a 256mb Kingston Memeory card for £22.00 inc P &
P.

Al