Henri Cartier-Bresson, one of the world's most important photographers, died at the age of 95

Old August 4th 04, 06:25 PM
howard

Default Henri Cartier-Bresson, one of the world's most important photographers, died at the age of 95

"Bhup" wrote in message
Henri Cartier-Bresson, one of the world's most important photographers,

died
at the age of 95

All outgoing emails are scanned with Norton Antivirus 2003

The greatest.

RIP

Old August 4th 04, 06:34 PM
Alan Browne

Bhup wrote:
Henri Cartier-Bresson, one of the world's most important photographers, died
at the age of 95

Sad news.

Old August 4th 04, 06:34 PM
Alan Browne

Old August 4th 04, 07:22 PM
Bhup

Old August 4th 04, 07:57 PM
Sabineellen

Henri Cartier-Bresson, one of the world's most important photographers, died
at the age of 95

I love him.

"Celebrities who sat for him included artist Henri Matisse, singer Edith Piaf
and the Duke and Duchess of Windsor."

Argh. Leave it to British journalists to come up with "celebrities" no one
cares about. Of all those whom he photographed, "the Duke and Duchess of
Windsor"???!!!!!! and what bugs me especially is that it's given the recency
(vs primacy) importance in being the last item read. It's almost as if HCB was
honoured by the "Duke and Duchess of Windsor" sitting for him. It's almost as
if they want someone who doesn't know him and read the article to think "Oh,
the Duke and Duchess of Windsor sat for him; he must've been good then!". Argh.
I hate this dumbification of mass culture!

Last time I switched my TV on after it gathered dust it had "celebrities" game
shows, "celebrities" talk shows (yeah, a dancing schoolleaver has more worthy
things to say about our state-of-affairs than the experts!), "celebrities"
reality shows, "celebrities" news/rumor/gossip shows... etc. I switched it off,
remembering why i stopped watching it, and that was ages ago now.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhh!

Old August 4th 04, 09:28 PM
Alan Browne

Bhup wrote:

Henri Cartier-Bresson, one of the world's most important photographers, died
at the age of 95

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Aug4.html
... a more complete writeup.

Old August 5th 04, 12:50 AM
Skip M

"Sabineellen" wrote in message

[...]

The Duke and Duchess were pretty reclusive, especially toward the end of the
Duke's life, and the fact that they were photographed by him was a sign of
the immense respect HCB commanded. Maybe Matisse and Piaf are meaningless
to you, but that he photographed them is indicative of the length of his
career. And they certainly aren't meaningless to a lot of people.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com