Antique Ansco

Old July 2nd 04, 02:46 PM
Larry Caldwell

Default Antique Ansco

I just came across an antique Ansco camera in excellent condition. It
is a folding bellows type with an apparent frame size of 8.5 cm. x 14
cm. (about 3-1/4" x 5-1/2"). It has focusing scales for both film and
plates, and the lens has both horizontal and vertical shift. It says
the model number is 3A inside the back, and it says "for 18A or 18B
film". This is apparently equivalent to the Kodak 122 film size.

Does anybody know if 122 film is still available, or if there is a plate
holder that would work with this camera? I suppose I could make my own
plate holder. I could measure the distance between the plate and film
marks and get the film offset.

The latest patent number on this camera is 1912, so I'm not expecting
much out of the uncoated lens. It's a beautiful old camera, in its
original leather case, the bellows is still light tight, and it looks
like it hasn't been used in 75 years.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc
Old July 3rd 04, 12:51 AM
Bob Monaghan

congrats on the fun find - #122 film isn't made commercially, though you
might find some film respoolers, it is lots easier to just make a simple
film adapter to use 120 rollfilm - makes a nifty cheap panoramic camera
;-)

see tips at http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/postcard.html for info etc.

hth bobm
* Robert Monaghan POB 752182 Southern Methodist Univ. Dallas Tx 75275 *