KM 2 EOS hotshoe adapter?

Old October 4th 04, 08:35 PM
Edward Galarza

Default KM 2 EOS hotshoe adapter?

Hi folks,
I few weeks ago I purchased my first digital cam, a Canon Digital Rebel.
Is there anything out there today that will allow me to attach a Minolta
5200i
Flash to a Canon Digital Rebel and still keep most of the capabilities of
the
flash unit (TTL at the very least)? An adapter perhaps? And where, if any
adapter exist, could I locate it?

Ed Galarza

Old October 4th 04, 09:08 PM
Alan Browne

Edward Galarza wrote:
Hi folks,
I few weeks ago I purchased my first digital cam, a Canon Digital Rebel.
Is there anything out there today that will allow me to attach a Minolta
5200i
Flash to a Canon Digital Rebel and still keep most of the capabilities of
the
flash unit (TTL at the very least)? An adapter perhaps? And where, if any
adapter exist, could I locate it?

SOL, I'm afraid. Even if there were such an adaptor, the flash would not do the
prefalsh required for a digital camera to work TTL flash. (Off-the-film does
not work with digital sensors).

Suggest you get a Canon Speedlite (digital compatible) such as the 550EX at the
high end or 420EX in the mid range.

Cheers,
Alan.

Old October 5th 04, 10:55 PM
Edward Galarza

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
.. .
Edward Galarza wrote:
[...]

How much would you suppose the following setup be worth? I plan to take
a trip to NYC tomorrow for the Techexpo. It would be an opportunity to sell
this equipment while I'm there.

I thought about keeping the filters, but it seems those filters (with the
exception of the polarizer, 55mm, not a 58mm :-( )
could be simulated in Photoshop CS anyway. Less filters = Less glass =
Less distortion and Lens flare no?

All this equipment has been kept in a LowePro padded camera case and taken
extremely
good care of.

Minolta Maxxum 8000i Body
Minolta 5200i Flash Unit (w/case)
Minolta AF 50mm f/1.4
Step up Ring 49-55mm
Hoya Sky 1B 55mm
Hoya Eight Point Star 55mm
Hoya Gradual Color Blue 55mm
Hoya FL-Day Florencent 55mm
Hoya Spectral Cross Soft 55mm
Hoya Circular Polarizer
Hoya Combo Fog Filters (Filter A and B, in original case)
*All Original OEM Manuals Included and Original Retail Box.
even for the program cards.

OC Cable
Remote Cable

MultiExp Card
Flash Bracketing Card
Custom Card
Exposure Bracket Card
Multispot Metering Card

Wide Minolta Maxxum Belt

-Edward Galarza

Old October 6th 04, 04:00 AM
Edward Galarza

Edward Galarza wrote:
[...]

Oh nevermind, I think I will shelve that idea for now. A google search
revealed to me a few
web reviews on a new Minolta digital SLR cam dated Sept 28th, Oct 1st and
4th. hmmm, maybe
I should just ditch the Canon. Any ideas if the 5200i would work
with Minolta's new 7D or would the incapability with TTL metering still
apply
for it as well?

I haven't seen a set price for the new Minolta yet.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0410/04...a7dgallery.asp
http://konicaminolta.com/products/co...slr/maxxum-7d/
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0409/04...lta7dsamps.asp
http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolo...7ddynax_7d.php