Real Newbie question

Old January 10th 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Dave

Default Real Newbie question

Hi All - I hope you can help me! I have Finepix M603 camera and although I
take reasonable shots in daytime, I'm not able to produce anything at night.
eg On The Thames on New Years Eve, may people were using digital cameras and
their screens showed clear and bright pictures - mine was black! What
setting
should I set on mine? Any advice really appreciated.

---
David Scott
Hampshire, England

--
---
David Scott

Old January 10th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Whiskers

On 2007-01-10, Dave wrote:
Hi All - I hope you can help me! I have Finepix M603 camera and although I
take reasonable shots in daytime, I'm not able to produce anything at night.
eg On The Thames on New Years Eve, may people were using digital cameras and
their screens showed clear and bright pictures - mine was black! What
setting
should I set on mine? Any advice really appreciated.

Does your LCD screen have a brightness adjustment?

Did you have the camera set to it's lowest ISO number? (For night-time,
'auto' or the highest ISO number would probably be better for your camera).

Did you start to see anything in the LCD when you pressed the
shutter-button part way in?

Some cameras simply aren't able to cope with 'extreme' lighting
conditions. If you still have the instruction book, what does it say about
night photography?

--
-- Whiskers